Skip to content

New scripting actions

igiigi Member Posts: 8
edited October 2013 in Feature Requests
It would be really useful if some new scripting actions could be added to the engine. Hopefully these are obvious enough that no further explanation is needed, though I can provide one if required.
OpenHLAScreen(O:Actor*,S:ResRef*)
MoveGroundPilesTo(S:ResRef*,P:Location*) (would be much more useful than the existing CopyGroundPiles)

IWD2 imports
296 ChangeStoreMarkup(S:Store*,I:BuyMarkup*,I:SellMarkup*,I:AdditionalMarkup*)

Related to stores, it would be nice to be able to interact with stores from scripts, altering the store flags at 0x10, something like:
SetStoreFlag(S:ResRef*,I:Integer*,I:State*Boolean)

This would allow a given store to start selling drinks, or buying fenced goods, related to player actions.

Also, an overload for 291 MoveGlobalObject(O:Object*,O:Target*) would be appreciated. Currently, if there is only 1 party member and the party member is moved using this action, the player's viewport is not updated, and they are left staring at the (now empty) original area. The requested overload would be 291 MoveGlobalObject(O:Object*,O:Target*,I:State*Boolean) with the final boolean parameter dictating whether the player's viewport should follow the moved character or not.

Comments

• LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    edited October 2013
    Not sure about the others, but ChangeStoreMarkup should be in soon, as we're making use of it. :)
  • enneractenneract Member Posts: 187
    LiamEsler said:

Not sure about the others, but ChangeStoreMarkup should be in soon, as we're making use of it. :)

Interesting..... Adventure Y?~
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    That's a very big leap in logic you've made there, heh. No, not Adventure Y.
  • enneractenneract Member Posts: 187
    Yea, undoubtedly.

When I initially read your comment, I interpreted it as 'something still in development will be using it', and since the bg2ee release is so close, I assumed that new content development on it was completed :)