Skip to content

Record Inconsistancies

BazzaBazza Member Posts: 57
edited October 2013 in The Road to v1.2
Hey Dee,

A couple of record inconsistancies for you!

The first is the Ability Bonuses, I've seen several in ver.2014, but some folks will have to chime in if I've got it wrong :)

In the first photo we have Pia wielding a short sword she gets a THAC0 of 18, but the Ability Bonus shows +3 To Hit.

In the second photo Pia is wielding a short bow, now we have +1 To Hit, I'm guessing this is from the Elf proficiency, but not too sure, and we have +1 Damage which you don't get with a short bow. This whole section never really makes much sense to me!

In the third photo we have ol'Monty, he seems to have gained the Weapon Style Bonuses heading for no reason, the same with his good ol'chum Xzar, Imoen is a bit sad as she didn't get the heading :)

Another couple of things I noticed was that the ambient sounds played for a brief second before the first Candlekeep intro text.

Also the sound of Protection From Evil running out played over the top of the waking up after Gorion has been killed text.

Also also! Another addition I didn't notice in ver.2014, is that when you pickup NPC's they play their reputation sound file, don't know if this was intentional, if it is, when a pair join only one of them plays the sound file.

Hope these help!

Bazza

Edit : Turning the UI scaling off chops the Weapon Style Bonuses heading from the bottom of the record.
Post edited by Bazza on
devicemagris

Comments

• BazzaBazza Member Posts: 57
    edited October 2013
    A couple more errors on the record.

When equipping the Gauntlets of weapon Expertise there is an extra 'Bonus: +2' added to the damage description (See the first screen shot with the gauntlets added and the second screenshot without).

Also mentioned in another thread, at the top of the record it shows Cleric / Thief , when in fact its a Cleric / Shadowdancer. Don't know if its possible to have whatever class you had first go first in the description i.e this would be a Shadowdancer / Cleric.

Post edited by Bazza on
    devicemelminster
  • devicemdevicem Member Posts: 15
    I was going to make a remark on this, as minor as this thing is, it's still very annoying. You've got a point there Bazza, props for posting this.
    edited October 2013
    The Off-hand THAC0 is displayed wrong in the "To Hit Box", as you can see in the screenshot it displays 19 when it should be 18. This is a Swashbuckler 5 / Cleric 7 with two pips in Two-Weapon Style.

Also the scroll bars in these small boxes don't work correctly, as you can see in the second screenshot, if you scroll to the bottom and then click the "up arrow" to scroll back to the top the "scroll marker" doesn't move to the top.
    You can also notice that if you click the "up arrow" on the main record details scroll bar to take you to the top, the scroll marker doesn't move all the way to the top either, you can "grab" it with the mouse and move it to the top which jolts the record up and down a bit.

One last bit for this round :) the text in the "Damage Box" is very confusing when you duel wield maybe some small headings like Main-hand and Off-hand or something.

Post edited by Bazza on
    edited October 2013
    Back with more Record Sheet nit-picking!

Here we have the Gauntlets of Weapon Expertise incorrectly adding to the Base THAC0, the same happens with the Gauntlets of Weapon Skill.

• agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    edited October 2013
    @Bazza nice finds. Those niggling little UI things bug me too, and I hope they get noticed and fixed.

Also, has the HP display always been misaligned like that? Compare it to the dual-wielding damage numbers, and it's obvious it's quite out of alignment. Hope they nudge the offsets some and fix that.

@Cerevant because these are bugs (albeit minor).
    @Dee , I'll tag you here too, just in case you've missed these!