Skip to content

BG2EE, new items and story rebalances like the mods?

I consider some mods downright mandatory when I play BG2 - that is, Ascension (which changes and enhances the ending) and Item Upgrades and Unrepresented Items, all of which can be found here for those who didn't know: http://weidu.org/main.html

I know that you probably can't include those mods directly in your EE, but I was hoping that there will be a bigger variety of new weapons we can find and customize, if they were never present anywhere else, than all the better because it will add a flavor when exploring the known areas and finding new loot.

Apart from that, I loved the ending and how you could alter the fate of some characters with it. I was hoping that a similar thing was possible within EE.

Comments

• CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    If BG:EE is anything to go by, then we'll likely see quite a few new weapons and other items. BG:EE did a good job of making all weapon categories viable. I wouldn't expect that they'll be in the same (rather overpowered) league as the item upgrade mod though.

From what has been said about mods and BG2:EE, many mods will be compatible from day 1 without needing adaptation. I guess we'll see though.