Skip to content

Trying to make an NPC mod with Weidu

elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
Nothing fancy. At the moment I'm just trying to figure out how to write up the dialogue. If someone could please confirm if this is the right format and make any suggestions I'd appreciate it. In theory this is just the inital meeting dialogue options.

-----------------------------------------------------

BEGIN k9yeorg

IF ~NumTimesTalkedTo(0)~ FirstMeeting

SAY ~ ! why are you pestering me? I do not know you nor frankly do I want to know you. I can smell your weakness from here. ~

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~I am looking to form a powerful group of the realms best warriors, mages, and rogues. My goals are my own but if you join it I promise riches and infamy. Will you join? ~ + WillYeorgJoin

+ ~Alignment(Player1,MASK_GOOD)~ + ~Look, even the blindest braggart in this room could sense your astuteness with the dark arts. My foster father was just killed protecting me from a party lead by a being of pure evil more powerful than either of us. I need to set aside whatever qualms you have with working with me for the time being in order to help me kill this man. ~ + GoodJoinYeorg

++ ~My apologies, I didn't mean to disturb you. ~ EXIT

END

+ ~~ THEN BEGIN WillYeorgJoin

SAY ~ Hmm…maybe you aren't as weak as I first suspected. You may yet serve my purposes! Very well I will join your party. ~ DO ~ SetGlobal("YeorgJoins","LOCALS",1)
JoinParty()~EXIT

END

+ ~~ THEN BEGIN GoodJoinYeorg

SAY ~ I neither know of this man nor care. You even asking me for help is yet another sign of my nose being right about you. You are a weakling. In any case as long as his eyes are fixed on you they aren't concerned with my activities. So bugger off. ~ EXIT

END

Comments

• LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    edited September 2013
    BEGIN k9yeorg IF ~NumTimesTalkedTo(0)~ THEN BEGIN FirstMeeting SAY ~<PRO_SIRMAAM>! why are you pestering me? I do not know you nor frankly do I want to know you. I can smell your weakness from here.~ ++ ~I am looking to form a powerful group of the realms best warriors, mages, and rogues. My goals are my own but if you join it I promise riches and infamy. Will you join?~ + WillYeorgJoin + ~Alignment(Player1,MASK_GOOD)~ + ~Look, even the blindest braggart in this room could sense your astuteness with the dark arts. My foster father was just killed protecting me from a party lead by a being of pure evil more powerful than either of us. I need to set aside whatever qualms you have with working with me for the time being in order to help me kill this man.~ + GoodJoinYeorg ++ ~My apologies, I didn't mean to disturb you.~ EXIT END IF ~~ THEN BEGIN WillYeorgJoin SAY ~Hmm…maybe you aren't as weak as I first suspected. You may yet serve my purposes! Very well I will join your party.~ IF ~~ DO ~SetGlobal("YeorgJoins","LOCALS",1) JoinParty()~ EXIT END IF ~~ THEN BEGIN GoodJoinYeorg SAY ~I neither know of this man nor care. You even asking me for help is yet another sign of my nose being right about you. You are a weakling. In any case as long as his eyes are fixed on you they aren't concerned with my activities. So bugger off.~ IF ~~ EXIT END
    elminsterDrugar
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Thanks. I was trying to figure out how to put protagonist down instead of player 1 so thanks especially for pointing out the "PRO".

In any case I've examined the changes you made. Thanks for the help. :)
    No problem! :)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    @LiamEsler Is there any way to make specific dialog only available only to particular kits? Like say a blackguard or a dark soul monk?
    Class(Player1,CLASS) Kit(Player1,KIT) -- check the IESDP :)
    elminster
  • SaradasSaradas Member Posts: 148
    edited October 2013
    sorry if i use your topic @Elminster, but I wanted to ask to @LiamEsler how weidu reads the values.
    For example, I need a conjurer.

what's the correct one?

Kit(Player1,MAGESCHOOL_CONJURER) Kit(Player1,0x0080) Kit(Player1,0080)

my dialogue check looks like this

IF ~Kit(player1,0080)~ THEN REPLY @121

but it's not working now. Thanks for your help
    elminster
  • AlkaluropsAlkalurops Member Posts: 269
    I think Kit(Player1, MAGESCHOOL_CONJURER) or Kit(Player1, 0x80) will both work. Do note that there's a difference between 0080 and 0x0080.
  • SaradasSaradas Member Posts: 148
    edited October 2013
    thank you but i still cannot solve this

fixed now
    Post edited by Saradas on
    elminster