Skip to content

NPC's only for their sidequests [spoilers]

Hi, I'm soloing BG:EE at the moment and I'd like to play the sidequests which come along with Dorn, Neera and Rasaad. However I don't want to have them tagging along for the ride. I just want to get them into my party, do their quest storyline and kick them out again. How do I do this? What triggers their quests? Where should I go to make their quest start etc?

Comments

• shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    For Neera and Rasaad, they have to be in your party long enough to trigger the dialogue that enables their quests. You can then complete those quests and send them away afterwards.

Dorn's is simpler: take him to Nashkel and talk to the woman outside the inn, then find Kryll north of the Firewine. In chapter 5, you'll find Simmeon just outside Baldur's Gate - that's the last encounter of the quest.
  • OperativeNLOperativeNL Member Posts: 146
    Cool, thanks. Neera and Rasaad should trigger just by accepting them in the party and resting a couple of times, right?
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    It's usually time related, but Rasaad needs to be taken to the Docks in Baldur's Gate after you've had the second conversation about his brother to continue the quest. Neera's just takes time.

The new NPCs add quite a few nice items, but nothing brokenly powerful. If you're looking for a list of full additions to the game in BG:EE (and there are quite a few) then have a look here:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8110/major-spoilers-a-guide-to-new-magic-items
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    For a solo run, Dorn is the easiest. You need to talk to him in FAI, then his encounter will trigger when you first travel to Nashkel Mines (this encounter doesn't have any significant loot, with the exception of a... scimitar +1? Not sure, but something for that proficiency) and you can then directly go to east of the mines map (his dialogue about Kryll usually triggers after resting once or twice, but you don't need to talk to Taris first; it's not a new area). After killing Kryll, you can dismiss Dorn and he'll wait in FAI - at level 1, so when you get him after Cloakwood Mines, he won't be in your way during the Simmeon encounter.

Neera triggers her dialogue relatively soon if you travel around and rest a few times, that unlocks her map.

Rasaad also needs access to Baldur's Gate, no real point in dragging him around before Cloakwood is done. For the dialogue, the usual travel around/rest a lot.

I think I read that you don't need to keep Neera and Rasaad once their areas are on the map, and will just appear on the scene for their pre-fight dialogues. No guarantee on that though; it's not working for Dorn, but it could be because his encounters are not on new areas (Kryll is on the map where you find Samuel the deserter and the stash with the fire protection ring; Simmeon is above Quayle, on the bridge).
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I personally found that Rasaad's area was kinda buggy when I unlocked it and ditched him (specifically, many items in chests were invisible, but you could pick them up and they'd just block up all your inventory: you couldn't drop them), but that might have been for other reasons at the time (maybe patch issues).
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    I've had a bug with Rasaad's quest too - after beating the location of the Cloud Peaks temple out of Sorrem (the ambush didn't happen because I killed him in the Blade and Stars) and reading the scroll it didn't appear on the map. I had to fix it with the console to get it to appear.