Skip to content

DLC Idea: Dragon Disciple NPC

AendaeronBluescaleAendaeronBluescale Member Posts: 335
edited October 2013 in Feature Requests
Idea inspired by: NPC mod (Sheena)

Name: Shyveriel
Race: Elf
Class: Dragon Disciple [NOTE: Displayed as Sorcerer until her quests in BG:EE are all done]
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral (Isolating personality)

Abilities:
Strength: 12
Dexterity: 15
Constitution: 14
Intelligence: 18
Wisdom 14
Charisma 13
[Total: 86]

Special: She gains the same number of spells as a regular sorcerer, yet lacks the special feats of a Dragon Disciple which she'll gain through questing.

___________________________ BG:EE _____________________________

Location - BG:EE: North of Nashkel - She has fled from Amn for her forbidden ability to cast magic spells, as Amn banned public spell casting, yet she is seeking why she is able to cast spells so subconsciously. She's chased by Amnian soldiers and the group of CHARNAME can rescue her. (Recruiting will drop the group's reputation by 2 for attacking amnian guards)

Quests - BG:EE:
In BG:EE there should be side-quests considering the quest of the origin of her magic powers that unlocks the following abilities each; These abilities will fit with her current hitdice and will realign when she levels up (in no particular order).
* AC Bonuses and Constitution bonus
* Breath Weapon
* Innate Fire resistance

Each successfully finished NPC side quest will trigger a dream for her on the next rest (much like the CHARNAME ones) and when all three(?) side quests are finished, a fourth(?) quest will be available in the City of Baldur's Gate, it's plot finally revealing her ancestry in she being born of dragon blood. (Changing her class to Dragon Disciple)

___________________________ BG2:EE _____________________________

Location - BG2:EE: Firkraag's Lair - You can rescue her there. She was captured by Firkraag for further studies, against her will. (Killing Firkraag is not necessary) Why Firkraag is interested in her can be revealed through her romance quest in BG2:EE

Quests - BG2:EE-SOA: This is where her romance (either gender, and more of an agapian romance) with CHARNAME can begin, which will undergo her way towards dragon apotheosis, where CHARNAME and she discover that her dragon blood is not quite distant. At the successful end of her quest line, finishing her apotheosis, she'll get the special ability to turn into a Half-Dragon (THAC0 reduction, AC bonus, Con bonus, Claw attacks [Enhancement bonus = Level/4, capped at +5], True Sight) once per day.

Quests - BG2:EE-ToB: Here her quest continues, which will lead to unlock her ability to turn into a dragon (Creature model the same as Firkraag) by sacrificing all spell casts per day (at least two each spell level must be left for that ability to work). There is a chance of beserking while she is turned.

NOTE: Acquiring the DLC for BG:EE should also unlock the content for BG2:EE

Comments

• LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    We can't actually use ideas like this posted on the forum for legal reasons, but new NPCs for BGEE is definitely something I'd like to personally explore later down the line!
  • AendaeronBluescaleAendaeronBluescale Member Posts: 335
    edited October 2013
    LiamEsler said:

We can't actually use ideas like this posted on the forum for legal reasons

@LiamEsler
    I personally do not mind an NPC developed on the ideas listed above (if the origin is the legal reason).
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @AendaeronBluescale Unfortunately it's not that simple -- additionally, chances are if we make new NPCs, they'll be of our own devising. I fully encourage you to explore making your NPC as a mod, though -- modding is awesomely fun, and getting your own character into the game is a hugely rewarding thing to do. :D
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    This is one of the best npc ideas I have seen, she looks very interesting, and I am partial to sorcerers.
    As a side not, I believe the prime request stat of a sorcerer is charisma, not intelligence. You may know this but you put int at 18 which is a little unnecessary for anyone but a Mage.
  • AendaeronBluescaleAendaeronBluescale Member Posts: 335
    edited October 2013
    meagloth said:

This is one of the best npc ideas I have seen, she looks very interesting, and I am partial to sorcerers.
    As a side not, I believe the prime request stat of a sorcerer is charisma, not intelligence. You may know this but you put int at 18 which is a little unnecessary for anyone but a Mage.

@meagloth
    I did that intentionally because the BG:EE engine still uses INT for sorcs.

If that gets fixed, the 18 should rather be in CHA then.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

meagloth said:

@meagloth
    I did that intentionally because the BG:EE engine still uses INT for sorcs.

If that gets fixed, the 18 should rather be in CHA then.
    It was my understanding that sorcerers currently have no prime req. stat, but that it was suppose to be charisma. I gotcha though, all my sorcerers have 18 int, because I just figured that out recently.
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    Sorcerers gain nothing from intelligence aside lore, being able to use scrolls (9 int) and enduring few more illithid attacks.

Sorcerers don't have prime requisite stat and the only stat their spell casting abilities benefit from is wisdom (up to 18) because it improves results of 9th level Wish spell.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790