Skip to content

NVIDIA graphics card, completely ridiculous slow frame rate/lag

KillzYooKillzYoo Member Posts: 4
edited October 2013 in Windows PC (Archive)
I'm running Windows 7 with an NVIDIA GeForce 310M graphics card. Getting horrible lag (startup and character creation work just fine, but when i started the game it's running so slowly that it took me a solid 10 or 12 seconds to walk to the inn from the starting spot like 5 feet away). I've tried changing the compatibility modes, running it as an admin, turning off antialiasing and all such things, no luck. Any ideas?

*Also updated drivers

Post edited by KillzYoo on

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    go to task manager, click the "process" tab, right hand click on "baldur.exe" image name, go to "set affinity" and start clicking on some boxes ( if you have system with more than one core in it, you can select multiple cores that the game will run from, by default only one core is running the game) sometimes by bit torrent makes bg lag, no idea why, so i set affinity to using 2 cores instead of 1, and it works flawlessly, if 2 isn't enough, just select the button and see what happens, i do with with any program that lags and this has so far helped every time
  • MattysekMattysek Member Posts: 24
    Yep i have got same problem after updating my GeForce GT 630M to latest version 327.23 (release date 9/19/2013)
  • AendaeronBluescaleAendaeronBluescale Member Posts: 335
    edited October 2013
    It's the same issue as with Neverwinter Nights. All nVidia GPUs older or equal to GTX285 should work fine. GTX400 and GTX500 series have stripped OpenGL 1.x and 2.0 context support.