Skip to content

Move this thread to archive

ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
edited October 2013 in Archive (Feature Requests)
Since this is BETA and every time I'm running game I want to check whatever come to my mind, i spot something that can be a problem. I call this a "bug" because it breaks game design.

Launching game through "Data\00764\Baldur.exe" (because we wan't to skip one unneccesary click) dosen't check for game updates! I missed at least one update because of this. Naturally, it will check "Registration Details".

If the "Baldur.exe" checks "Registration Details", why it doesn't check for update?

Would you be so kind to change this behaviour?
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• SedSed Member Posts: 790
    This is very much intended, as the launcher and the actual game file are two different programs.

You can run Baldur.exe when you're offline, on multiple computers etc, as long as you've done your initial install.
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    I agree with @Sed. I don't want to loose time or be prevented from running baldur.exe because it would try and fail to connect. Everyone is not using a permanent Internet access.

I don't know what makes you think baldur.exe is checking "registration details". I copied the game directory on my netbook and run it there without going through BGEE. I maintained the full set of directories so beamdog connection data is still there and could be checked, but other than these files I don't have the feeling it checks anything online.
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    Baldur.exe is not supposed to check anything. Once you have run the client the very first time and have your account verified, all the game files are ready to be used offline.

So I'm sorry @ALIEN, but you have to use the launcher just for its intended purpose - to check for updates.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    Ye, I got the wrong impression that baldur.exe is checking "registration details" going online.