Skip to content

How to cast spells on items in the inventory?

Hello folks,

I'm desperately trying to remove a curse from a sword. I got the spell memorized and in my quick slot, I got the sword - but I don't have got any clue how to cast a spell upon an item in anyone's inventory, be it that of the spell caster or that of any other party member.

Help would be much appreciated.

Greez.

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    You can't cast spells on items, and items can never be uncursed. However, if someone is holding a cursed item, you can cast Remove Curse on that person to make them let go of the item. This is done on the main game screen, just as if you were casting any other spell.
  • PazuloSchlorbPazuloSchlorb Member Posts: 2
    Ah! That was quick. Thank you very much.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    Cursed items are either diliberately made as traps for the unwary or broken and malfunctioning, so there is no way to Un-curse them.

Though yeah, as the above, they can usually be removed...though the Ring of Folly can $%#^ you if you put it on your PC and no one else can remove curses.

Some cursed items though aren't necessarily bad.

The cursed sword of berserking is actually a really nice weapon, it just takes some care to employ safety.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    A certain belt and claw can be very nice too, if you have a character who can handle the downsides (not a very big one for the belt, for sure). Personally I would like to see more cursed items with interesting tradeoffs in BG2EE as they're very unique items.