Skip to content

After the end.

Can we continue to play after the games end? Or we have to load a previous save?

Comments

• DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    You will have to load a previous game. It's impossible to keep playing after the final boss is dead.
  • ZarakinthishZarakinthish Member Posts: 214
    Amberion said:

It's impossible to keep playing after the final boss is dead.

While I'm not sure if this is true for the latest non-beta version of the game (2014), in the beta I found a multiplayer bug that allowed me to load my final save and play - sort of. The host (who always plays the protagonist) gets booted to the opening menu (where you choose between the tutorial, Baldur's Gate, or Black Pits) after character arbitration, but the server is still running and the client can exit the temple, pick up and drop items, and fight any undead you might have missed on your way. Since the protagonist can't be moved however, that is about all that can be done.
  • SkullburnSkullburn Member Posts: 25
    Its kinda sad that we cant play after. I still got "Sword coast" to do a some quest i want to do that i did not do when i was younger!

I know I can just back up from the boss fight and return to baldurs gate. But hey, its kinda lame. :P
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Thanks for reminding me of an awesome song

http://youtu.be/LLNU3kQCptQ

Why would you need to keep playing, when you can simply finish all quests before killing the boss?
    Yes i know we can do that. but my current save is just in front of the final boss. So its lame to just "leave" and dont kill him. I know I can kill him and load, but its not the "same game".

WHATEVER. I'll go back... :P
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @skullburn Yeah, that's true. I find the incentive to go back goes away after you beat the final boss regardless...
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    Only thing that's important is the XP. Oh, and the pantaloons. Always keep the pantaloons. On your main character's inventory.
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    edited October 2013
    Post edited by artificial_sunlight on
    Oh hey! thanks! :)