Skip to content

Yay! It's back on sale, but...

So... I hate to be "that guy", but ever since the game has come back for sale we haven't gotten any information. Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic that the game is for sale again. That by itself is a great step forward. However, can we get something that proves your still working on it? An estimation for release date for Android? A new screenshot on the optimized device? Anything at all.

I think the phase "shut up and take my money" works well in this case ^_^

Comments

• cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    The devs have told us that the android version requires some fixes that are going to be in the next patch to the game (such as the new renderer). The next patch will be going into an open beta starting in early or mid September (see FAQ thread in general discussion for more info on this). Given how large the patch is I expect the beta too last at least 2 weeks if not more (wild guess on my part). Once the patch is out I expect 1-2 more weeks for the Android version to get finalised (again a wild guess). So I would not expect to see the Android version anytime before October.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    cmk24 said:

So I would not expect to see the Android version anytime before October.

(sorry for the sarcasm. been waiting for this for too long)
  • matthileomatthileo Member Posts: 59
    At this point it's called for. They just announced BG2EE, and BGEE for android is still nowhere to be found .
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    Why do I get the feeling that BG2:EE will be out before BG:EE is on android.... If this is the case then the two games might end being released to android at the same time...
  • solodsolod Member Posts: 58
    Since they said IOS and Android versions of BG2 will be released soon after the PC/MAC release, maybe BG2 for android will come out before BG1!

I think there was a tweet recently saying that they are wrapping up/working on the BG1 android release. All I got to say is GETTRRR DUUNNN!!
  • Mystic1987Mystic1987 Member Posts: 26
    Even a preorder for the android version would be nice. That at least would be something visible. BG2EE at least has a release date (hopefully it's accurate) at this point in the game we shouldn't have to speculate when it will be out. Even just a "we're shooting for November guys. Stand be for more info." Would be nice. Idk... Maybe I'm being impatient, but some visual progress would be nice. Haha
  • Dice42Dice42 Member Posts: 55
    I'd like that, if they say, 'were hoping November, but we can't promise anything' out something like that.

Goes both ways though, if they say that and it doesn't come out then, it would be wrong for people to complain, is they stated that the date wasnt definite. Problem is some people still would complain
  • solodsolod Member Posts: 58
    While I'm glad BG2: EE has a release date, I think its kind of lame that they don't even have a release date for BG1 for Android yet. A lot of us Android users have been waiting a while.
  • CobbwebCobbweb Member Posts: 26
    I predict we will hear some news about the Android version after the open beta. let them sort out the new rendering engine on the PC first then start pushing it to other platforms.
  • AristeueinAristeuein Member Posts: 11
    "Coming soon", I guess it's a relative term... Imo, they could remove the "coming soon" and just say it's coming, but we don't know when. "Coming soon" feels somewhat like a slap in the face at this stage :p

Better late than never, though =)
  • Mystic1987Mystic1987 Member Posts: 26
    The should change it from "coming soon" to "Maybe..." haha
    I assume that the patch, bgiiee and android are all linked development wise. I seem to remember a dev saying the new file system, etc.. they built for the android version has given them a way to improve the iPad version.
    Plus both games are going to have the same engine, just different content. I think the android version will only be released when all versions are on the same playing field
    So patch first which will lead into bgii. Hopefully android will be in the middle.
  • ImBarryScottImBarryScott Member Posts: 18
    I have to say this, I remember thinking in February 2013, man I hope this comes out before I go on holiday. I'm going again Feb 2014 and I have a real sense of Deja Vu coming on :(

To paraphrase a different community; beamdog pls.

I have to say this, I remember thinking in February 2013, man I hope this comes out before I go on holiday. I'm going again Feb 2014 and I have a real sense of Deja Vu coming on :(

To paraphrase a different community; beamdog pls.

I remember thinking, if i can get enough money over christmas and my birthday (Feburary) I could buy a Nexus 7 and BG:EE would be out by then!
    Hmmm... maybe if I get enough money over xmas and birthday I can buy the new Nexus 7 and BG:EE will be out by then... wait.....