Skip to content

Path finding, a way to make it much easier, found here:

like the tool tip says in the vanilla SoA, you can create way points for characters, by holding Crtl+Shift then right clicking them where you want to go ( and you can make multiple way points and they will follow to each one), this makes going through narrow passages much easier and going through/ around obstacles a breeze, I have seen many times on this forum when people say how horrendous the path finding is, and I just laugh, because selecting way points is a breeze, and it makes it so I have no worries for the rest of my days, and it is quite problem free, philosophy.......... creating way points ( not enough syllables but it works :3 )
nanoSCARY_WIZARDJuliusBorisovWilburCorvinothe_spyderMalicronLeoNeguslolien

Comments

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    I've always made heavy use of waypoints, particularly in cramped dungeons - It would be great to have this capability on the iPad.
    lolien
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Wait, that's an option?

Malicronsarevok57elminster
  • BanexBanex Member Posts: 127
    Pathfinding,total nightmare in cramped spaces.Yes you can micro each character or set waypoints but you shouldn't have to.It's a total pain in the arse.In cramped spaces you can be sure one NPC will take a banal route straight to it's death.It's why i only play BG1 or 2 with a party of four including my Char.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Is there the option to change it from crtl-shift-right click to something simpler, like alt-click?
  • minutusminutus Member Posts: 16
    edited October 2013
    Played through BG1 and halfway through BG2 before accidentally founding out this feature. I wonder if it's even mentioned in the manuals as I did read them before playing without noticing. Many torn hairs would've been saved if only I would've known.

That said, the waypoints get buggy if you try to move multiple characters/formations with them (I think the follow-each-other "formation" works). It is very nice for moving individuals though, and lessens a lot of the clusters and characters bumping to each other when taking/switching positions in a fight.

EDIT: Yes, Shift+click has worked for me. Don't think holding Ctrl does anything there?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Corvino said:

Is there the option to change it from crtl-shift-right click to something simpler, like alt-click?

You can set waypoints with Shift+left-click.
    jackjackNordomCorvinololien
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Thanks @Jalily. I've been playing these games for about 14 years and still learn new things.
    Nordom
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    @sarevok57

Thanks for the tip. I did not know you could set waypoints (or maybe I have read it from the manual(s) but forgot about it).
    sarevok57
  • SenashSenash Member Posts: 405
    I figured that out once intuitively (I think it's because of playing starcraft). Now if only I could assign targets in chain with shift-click, I would be a very happy player! ^^
  • mjsmjs Member Posts: 742
    Yeah waypoints are awesome. I also use them when kiting enemies and put down 20+ waypoints in a large circle around the enemy while my archers fire. Useful when fighting Greywolf too
    lansounet
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    minutus said:

Played through BG1 and halfway through BG2 before accidentally founding out this feature. I wonder if it's even mentioned in the manuals as I did read them before playing without noticing. Many torn hairs would've been saved if only I would've known.

That said, the waypoints get buggy if you try to move multiple characters/formations with them (I think the follow-each-other "formation" works). It is very nice for moving individuals though, and lessens a lot of the clusters and characters bumping to each other when taking/switching positions in a fight.

EDIT: Yes, Shift+click has worked for me. Don't think holding Ctrl does anything there?

really? I move six at a time all the time and it works just dandy for me