Skip to content

Saving items for Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition?

Hey guyz I dont know if someone has opened a topic about this but I need to ask to you.

I have seen on the Phase III Questing form this:

Where it's supposed where I can save some of my items to stay in BG2EE?

The place we are talking about is this:

Thanks in advance

Comments

• MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629
    Wait, you can save your inventory for BG2:EE? That's interesting. That's VERY interesting...
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Isn't it just referring to the items that cross games, like the Helm of Balduran or the Claw and Horn of Kazgaroth?
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    http://www.forgottenwars.com/bg1/miscellany.htm

also there are the golden pantaloons
    edited October 2013
    That's what I'm here for.
  • enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
    Malicron said:

Wait, you can save your inventory for BG2:EE? That's interesting. That's VERY interesting...

I'm told you can (well, between the vanilla games at least) but I've never tried it. Just pause the game on the black screen before the very first scene of BG2 with Irenicus torturing you and open your inventory. Drop everything you wanna keep on the ground.

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited October 2013
    enqenq said:

Malicron said:

I'm told you can (well, between the vanilla games at least) but I've never tried it. Just pause the game on the black screen before the very first scene of BG2 with Irenicus torturing you and open your inventory. Drop everything you wanna keep on the ground.
    This will no longer work for BG2:EE.
    TJ_Hooker said:

enqenq said:

Malicron said:

This will no longer work for BG2:EE.
    But mah Cloak of Balduran! ='(
    I've always wondered why Irenicus would so blithely dispose of items like the cloak of Balduran, but keep the matching helmet. The man has odd priorities.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    @Malicron
    Irenicus only sold what he needed to keep his various schemes funded. Gold is useless to him except for advancing his goals.
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    Cloak resisted his magic, he didn't like it.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    These were always my standard carry-overs:
    Golden Pantaloons
    Chainmail +3
    Ring of Kazgaroth
    I can understand why Irenicus would give the Chainmail to Illyich and why he might keep the Ring as a curio in his bedroom, but why the Pantaloons? That is, unless he divined their true potential...
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    I'll just import the changes to AR0602 that I made before--put all the typical BG1 items that most parties would have on the table with the really good stuff inside the locked, trapped picture. I dislike it when add-ons or sequels use the "all your stuff was stolen from you" trope.
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    edited October 2013

I'll just import the changes to AR0602 that I made before--put all the typical BG1 items that most parties would have on the table with the really good stuff inside the locked, trapped picture. I dislike it when add-ons or sequels use the "all your stuff was stolen from you" trope.

I kind of like the "scavenge for stuff to escape with" aspect.

Or at least I did the first few dozen times. I'm sure I'll do the enhanced version once just to see if anything's different, but after that I hope there's a compatible version of Dungeon Be Gone. :D
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Isn't it obvious why the Golden Pantaloons were kept? They're so supportive, comfortable and stylish!

Irenicus may be exiled, cursed and dying, but he's still an Elf at heart.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    @PugPug I'm hoping for some additional "scavengable" items in EE, like Balduran's Cloak or even his Butter Knife (sticking out of a hostile mustard jelly, of course).
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    PugPug said:

I kind of like the "scavenge for stuff to escape with" aspect.

Or at least I did the first few dozen times. I'm sure I'll do the enhanced version once just to see if anything's different, but after that I hope there's a compatible version of Dungeon Be Gone. :D

Having all your goods taken from you can be an interesting plot device but I think too many games rely it as the only real way to limit more experienced characters. There is no way to limit the creativity and ingenuity of experienced players, of course.

I didn't use Dungeon-Be-Gone but I did update Irenicus' lair with elementals, a few more golems, and a handful of drow.
    Mortianna said:

@PugPug I'm hoping for some additional "scavengable" items in EE, like Balduran's Cloak or even his Butter Knife (sticking out of a hostile mustard jelly, of course).

I have the Butter Knife of Balduran reconfigured into a usable +3 dagger which auto-kills slimes, mustards, and jellies.

• scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    edited October 2013
    Don't forget about Black Pudding!

Also, it's obvious it's not Irenicus that has kept the pantaloons. Clearly it is the Clay Golem in the room that, when stripping you of all your gear, were moved to the core of his heart-shaped piece of dried mud and just had to keep these precious panties. He hid them behind the painting so no stjnky goblins or greedy duergar would find them and take them from him, and wears them when nobody's watching. Then you just forced your way into his little station and took them from him and killed everyone. Now he sits alone, waiting for somebody, anybody, to care for - or just interact with, on any level - him again. Longing for his pantaloons and the greatest days of his life.
    Post edited by scriver on
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    scriver said:

Don't forget about Black Pudding!

FTFY