Skip to content

Belt in the Baldur's Gate games

I've read about Belt, leader of the Flaming Fist, on a few 'wiki' sites but can't remember if he was in the games. Apparently he was the leader of the Fist straight after the Time of Troubles, yet Angelo got away with commanding many Flaming Fist during the iron crisis.

Would like to hear if he's actually in the games.

Comments

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Isn't he one of the Grand Dukes that you meet near the grande finale? I think his name was Belt.
  • TethorilofLathanderTethorilofLathander Member Posts: 427
    He's the Leader of the Flaming Fist and one of the Dukes, yes :)
    Ah yes, he divines the location of Sarevok after you fight him. Just strange how Angelo managed to command so many Flaming Fist, unless if they were dopplegangers perhaps?
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    For some reason I think they made Eltan the leader of the Fist in BG (I am not familiar with the Forgotten realms lore), but you do meet Belt in one very specific and important scene close to the end of the game.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Duke Belt is not the leader of the Flaming Fist, Duke Eltan (Not to be confused with Duke Entar Silvershield) is. Eltan's right-man-hand is called scar. Duke Belt is just a former adventurer and one of the four Grand Dukes of Baldur's Gate - the fourth one is Liia Jannath, a mage.

As for Angelo, he only takes over the Flaming Fist at the very end of BG, when Scar has been killed by doppelgangers and Duke Eltan has been gravely injured by a doppelganger in the shape of Scar.

The only one strangely missing is Duke Eltan's right-hand-woman, a mage called Moruene, who together with Eltan and Scar formed the highest command of the Flaming Fist.
    Strange. Eltan is a formidable warrior and he may have formed the Flaming Fist, but I think Belt was the leader of them during this time. Eltan was also a duke but probably due to being the richest person in the city.
    I stand corrected :P
    ;)
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    scriver said:

As for Angelo, he only takes over the Flaming Fist at the very end of BG, when Scar has been killed by doppelgangers and Duke Eltan has been gravely injured by a doppelganger in the shape of Scar.

I thought Duke Eltan was being poisoned by a doppelganger in the form of his doctor Kent.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681

Strange. Eltan is a formidable warrior and he may have formed the Flaming Fist, but I think Belt was the leader of them during this time. Eltan was also a duke but probably due to being the richest person in the city.

The richest person is Entar (Skie's dad).
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Jalily said:

The richest person is Entar (Skie's dad).
    Skie is awesome.
    Awong124 said:

scriver said:

I thought Duke Eltan was being poisoned by a doppelganger in the form of his doctor Kent.
    Only after Dopple-Scar injures him in the first place. That's why the dopple-doctor/healer is employed in the first place - to make sure he worsens while disguised as treating his injuries.

• SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580

He's your instructor in the tutorial section.
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400

He's your instructor in the tutorial section.
    Also, Belt and Liia are there when you expose Sarevok. Belt is the one you're mainly speaking to.