Skip to content

IWD2 Framerate question

EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
Is it normal that when I increase the framerate in the config from 30 to 60 that my characters are basically hasted

they move way faster, and have way more attacks per round. Is this a crazy major flaw or what? I want to play with 60 framerate but I don't want to feel like I'm cheating with this free perma haste

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    its not really haste, because everyone will be moving at that speed ( including baddies) infact everything in the game will be running at double speed, including spell durations, so that is normal, plus you still have the same amount of attacks per round, it just looks like you are attacking faster, at frame rate 30 a round is 6 seconds, at frame rate 60 a round is 3 seconds, so you don't need to worry, everything is still running at the same pace, its just that all time and movement is doubled at frame rate 60
    TJ_Hooker
    plus the bg series works the exact same way when you crank the frame rate up to 60
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    that is messed up. It doesn't seem like everything is affected by it though - when I turn the FPS to 60 I can slaughter through fights easy as hell and when it's on 30 I struggle a hell of a lot more and take way more damage.

weird ...
    maybe for whatever reason your difficulty is messing up with your framerate, in icewind dale 2, the difficulty slider does way more whacky things in that game than it does in the bg series, you may have some sort of whacky bug that makes the game easier when the frame rate is higher ( on the higher difficulties not only do enemies deal more damage, they also get a huge bonus to hit as well, same with heart of fury mode, that gives them more HP/damage/ to hit)