Skip to content

Will 1.2 require a new game? or will it be compatable with exisiting ones.

Just curious

Comments

• Save game compatibility has been tested, so your saved games should be fine. Certain fixes regarding creatures, items, or areas that have already been visited will not update until a new game, however.
    elminsterSCARY_WIZARD
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    Someone reported the Shadowdancer may have an incorrect number of skill points (they now get 20 per level, rather than 15, and +10 to both stealth skills), but that can be fixed with EEKeeper.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    PugPug said:

Someone reported the Shadowdancer may have an incorrect number of skill points (they now get 20 per level, rather than 15, and +10 to both stealth skills), but that can be fixed with EEKeeper.

Pretty sure the 15/level was a change made during the 1.2 beta. Version 1.0.2014 should be getting 20 skill points /level. So that wouldn't affect people going from 1.0.2014 to 1.2.

They would lose out on the +10 to HiS and MS though.
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    elminster said:

That can also be added with EE Keeper. @FrozenCells showed me that all that's needed is to paste "0x0113" and "Skill Stealth" under the Affects tab. You need to copy these two items from a Shadowdancer that is created after you get the patch.

elminster said:

That can also be added with EE Keeper. @FrozenCells showed me that all that's needed is to paste "0x0113" and "Skill Stealth" under the Affects tab. You need to copy these two items from a Shadowdancer that is created after you get the patch.
    Yea I really wasn't arguing that it couldn't be...
  • ZarakinthishZarakinthish Member Posts: 214
    One of the more notable things about using an existing save instead of a new game is the quest dealing with Zhurlong's Boots of Stealth. If you got the boots before the patch, but haven't turned them in yet, you won't be able to complete the quest because his specific boots are a unique item now.
    SCARY_WIZARD
    edited October 2013
    elminster said:

PugPug said:

Pretty sure the 15/level was a change made during the 1.2 beta. Version 1.0.2014 should be getting 20 skill points /level. So that wouldn't affect people going from 1.0.2014 to 1.2.

No, my non-beta client (1.0.2014) says 15 per level. I think it's always been 15, but it changes in 1.2. Unless they get 20 but the kit description says 15.

Fine by me, though. I'd rather they not feel constrained by existing saves when balancing the kits. They need some work.
    elminster
    I stand corrected :)
    PugPug
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    Reading this... So, a new game is not required but is recommended?
    elminster said:

I stand corrected :)

It was bound to happen someday. :)
    elminster
  • DinoDino Member Posts: 291
    Kaltzor said:

Reading this... So, a new game is not required but is recommended?

I wouldnt worry about it.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    If you're enjoying the game, the patch will not interfere with that enjoyment. If you're experiencing problems and you want to get the most out of the patch's changes, a new game will give you the best experience.

So if you're at a point where you're thinking of starting over anyway, you might want to wait until the patch is released; if you're not at that point, I say keep going. Nothing says you can't start a new game after your current one is done, right? :)
    elminsterEudaemonium
  • karnor00karnor00 Member Posts: 680
    Does anyone know what happens with a Dark Moon monk? Will their chill touch ability automatically change to the new version? Or perhaps on level up? Or will I need to start a new game?
  • NarcissistNarcissist Member Posts: 65
    edited October 2013
    karnor00 said:

Does anyone know what happens with a Dark Moon monk? Will their chill touch ability automatically change to the new version? Or perhaps on level up? Or will I need to start a new game?

Dark Moon Monks appear to be fine. Started a DMM Monk save on live, cheated up to max level. Saved, and then loaded the game in the beta client. Everything checks out.
    elminster