Skip to content

Blackguard or Cavalier (Want to use the Holy Avenger)

Want to do a quick play through of BG:EE in preparation for BG2:EE. Deciding on either a Blackguard or a Cavalier. One of the main factors (and the reason I'm choosing a Paladin) is using the Holy Avenger in BG2.

Are there any hints as to whether or not Blackguards will be able to use the sword? If not, will there be an alternative that's available at around the same time in the game?

I'm just worried that I'll use a Blackguard through BG:EE only to discover that he can't use the Holy Avenger in BG2:EE, thus wasting my efforts :(

Comments

• ghostowlghostowl Member Posts: 171
    Why don't you edit the Unholy Reaver (anti-paladin only weapon) so that you can roleplay as a Blackguard and still get an awesome weapon? That's what I'm planning to do

1d12+5
    +5 Acid Damage
    Cast Animate Dead on killing a target
    May Cast Silence' 15 Three times a Day

Usable by:
    Anti-Paladin
  • SkagnetiSkagneti Member Posts: 31
    Its been confirmed that Blackguards will not be able to use Holy Avenger - http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/20608/dorn-wielding-carsomyr#latest
  • bem809bem809 Member Posts: 26
    Alright thanks. Guess I'll have to resort to another class/item editing :(
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    It's been hinted that Blackguards will get access to a similar-but-different weapon to Carsomyr in BG2. The Unholy Reaver is a decent candidate, as it's already ingame but unusable apart from those with UAI.
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    You could always be a Fighter, get Grandmastery with Two Handed Swords and then Dual Class to Thief... Then use it through Use Any Item... Totally not broken at all.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    You can't backstab with it, though, which is a crying shame.