Skip to content

Shapeshifter.

lemonjuicelemonjuice Member Posts: 18
I was wondering if changes will be made to the game that some mods offer and claim they fix stuff they were supposed to be in game.

I've read the Q&A and haven't found something about the Shapeshifter, so an answer specifically for Shapeshifter and one generally about all kinds of stuff, like item stacks etc would be nice.

Thanks for reading.

Ah, these are BG1 forums, thought I was in BG2. Sorry, but this forum is terribly designed.

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2013

I was wondering if changes will be made to the game that some mods offer and claim they fix stuff they were supposed to be in game.

I've read the Q&A and haven't found something about the Shapeshifter, so an answer specifically for Shapeshifter and one generally about all kinds of stuff, like item stacks etc would be nice.

Thanks for reading.

Ah, these are BG1 forums, thought I was in BG2. Sorry, but this forum is terribly designed.

Shapeshifter hasn't been touched. You should however be able to use the Shapeshifter rebalancing mod from BG2 tweaks in the game.

Arrows, Bullets, and Darts stack to 80 now. Throwing Daggers and Throwing Axes are at 40. Potions stack to 24. Scrolls stack to 50.

This part of the forum is for either game. The forum design is fine.
  • magpiemagpie Member Posts: 79
    I've always felt the shapeshifter rebalancing mod to be way too much though. Casting spells in werewolf form? Uhm, ok. Is there an actual downside to being a shapeshifter anymore?

In my opinion the shapeshifter would be a prime candidate for some EE loving, and I think it's a real shame they're not touching the old kits. Ah well, maybe I should just make a mod for it myself.
  • SilenceSilence Member Posts: 437
    edited October 2013
    I think the Shapeshifter and Wizard Slayer kits both need to be reworked. If you were to poll on the fan response, my guess is that 90% of fans would support such a move. Once BG:EE is patched and BG2:EE is out, I hope the development team gives these kits the treatment they deserve.

(here's a poll on the Wizard Slayer, love to see a similar poll for the Shapeshifter - http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/22212/improve-the-wizard-slayer#latest)