Skip to content

Killing NPC's

So I have looked on Google and thus no suitable returns for my queries. However, I ultimately feel what the response would be.. Moving forward, I'll will use a quick reference and scenario to sum up my question... I plan on playing an evil Dragon Disciple through BG:EE after I conclude my Cavalier, (wicked awesome kit I might add.) Now that being said, I was wondering if I would kill say, Ajantis with my evil character would he still make an appearance in BG:EE 2? *SPOILER* as the polymorphed sheep in Windspear, *END OF SPOILER* or would he be replaced by a non essential NPC? Same goes for other NPC's such as Garrick, or Dynaheir... I assume Jaheira, Imoen, EDwin could not be killed off anyway as they are playable and crucial to plot of BG2.. However, on that note what about characters like Quayle? He is a non essential but important NPC as he *SPOILER* Has ties to Aerie lore... Any assistance would be greatly appreciated..

Comments

• SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    All characters that appear in BG2 will still be there no matter what you do or don't do to them in BG1.
  • SlytherzSlytherz Member Posts: 45
    Well that's fubar, with all the mods floating around I am sure there is something.. However I like to keep BG mod free lol.. Thanks man for a rapid insightful response!
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Various characters have (*literal*) contractual immunity/obligations. Montaron would be a grade A candidate for TOB but that's just not going to happen.

See here for an NPC modding guide if you want to mess with things and reincarnate various BG1 NPCs: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZNVRttHGVV8GOQ-CYWyTMHh-3MErQ1T_KusJkCtYtk0/edit?pli=1#
  • WolkWolk Member Posts: 279
    edited October 2013
    Kill them all, you can even kill them another time in BG2EE :)
    You can even summon them in TOB and kill them a third time.
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    In a game with resurrection, I don't find it so strange that the dead can return to plague you as the living once more.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    @Wolk did you know that you can summon nalin from bg1 into bg2 and he still gives you temple services, most carazy indeed, but if im not mistaken, his dialogue is a bit messed up

In a game with resurrection, I don't find it so strange that the dead can return to plague you as the living once more.

Oh man, I never even factored that into theory. I mean also from a roleplaying aspect, some who are resurrected lose their memory or suffer minor to major amnesia. I will definately use this when leaving a wake of destruction as an evil Sorcerer. Or I could just stray from a total path of destruction?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    FYI if you want to use spoilers here just put the text between this

[spoiler ] whatever text you want [/spoiler ]

I've added spacing between the r's and "]" so that it appears in writing for you to see. Otherwise it would look like this

elminster said:

FYI if you want to use spoilers here just put the text between this

[spoiler ] whatever text you want [/spoiler ]

I've added spacing between the r's and "]" so that it appears in writing for you to see. Otherwise it would look like this

Good to know, thanks