Skip to content

BG2EE Favored Enemy (Rangers)

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    I probably shouldn't even muck up your thread since I haven't played BG2, but...

I recall my roommate in college having a lot of trouble with the Demogorgon fight, so demons might be a good idea. Aside from that, all I know is that giant spiders, ettercaps or ogres would be my pick in BG:EE.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Dragons are a good choice because their AC is low enough that the +4 actually makes a difference. I think they have the lowest AC in the game, so I'd go with that. But the other choices you listed are fine too and it doesn't matter much in the long run. I find vampires pretty annoying myself.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I don't know if they changed it, but in vanilla bg2 the racial enemy on gives a +4 bonus to hit, not damage as well, so first of all, you want to pick something that has a hard to hit AC, which the only 2 groups are dragons and demons, now on average dragons do have a lower AC, usually around -12 or so, and demons perhaps around -8 or so, but if you are staying good to your ranger alignment, there is only like 6 or 7 dragons that you will fight against, and there are zounds of demons everywhere, now some higher level demons have better AC's than their weaker cousins, and basically the time you hit ToB, it wont really matter anymore anyway, so pretty much if you want to do some dragon slaying early in bg2 then dragon would be a good choice, or if you rush off to spell hold right away, then demon might be a better choice, now if bg2ee gives +4 damage as well, then things might change, liches could be a good option then since the faster they die, the faster they cant cast spells, but then again dragons have high HP and they have damage resistance so that extra damage can be nice, and demons as well have high HP, although not to sure on their damage resistance, and then basically everything else you can have racial enemies for either die to fast, or just aren't encountered enough to make the ability useful ( mind flayers for example are basically only in one part of the game, plus a few odd balls here and there sorta deal) but its truly up to you, its a true role play decision, even if you really wanted to you could pick kobold and be just as effective I shappose based on the fact if it only gives the +4 to hit, but if +4 to damage is also implicated well...... you can never really do enough damage to a kobold I suppose :)