Skip to content

Is BGEE2 going to be a patch, or separate game?

and if it is going to be a patch, do i have to beat BGEE to be able to play BGEE2?

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    BGII:EE is a separate product. You can purchase it here: http://www.beamdog.com/products/baldurs-gate-ii-enhanced-edition-for-windows
  • ghettohoodieghettohoodie Member Posts: 50
    Thanks Dee, and already pre-ordered! So pumped for its release!
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    You don't HAVE to have beaten BGEE to play BG2EE, but seeing as how BG2 is a direct sequel, it would probably be good for you. Unless you're already familiar with the ending of BG1. It's quite climactic.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Madhax said:

You don't HAVE to have beaten BGEE to play BG2EE, but seeing as how BG2 is a direct sequel, it would probably be good for you. Unless you're already familiar with the ending of BG1. It's quite climactic.

Plus you'll likely start out with a higher level character if you import your character from BGEE to BG2EE.
    @elminster
    elminster said:

Madhax said:

Plus you'll likely start out with a higher level character if you import your character from BGEE to BG2EE.
    I understand that. I've beat BG 1 2-3 times in my life before. But i recently screwed up my files for BGEE and lost all my savve games and my exported CHARNAMEs... So i was just making sure. Thanks though!
    @Dee

If I'm not mistaken, i noticed beta testers testing things in candlekeep and Baldur's gate the city. Why are they doing that? I thought "Phase III" is for testing the BG2EE quests, not BGEE's?
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 278
    Well, the patch is for BG:EE not BG2:EE although it will affect it directly ;)
    How so?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2013
    The patch contains a number of improvements for BGEE that will also be in BG2EE. An improved renderer, bug fixes, enhanced user interface, etc. This bgee patch is in beta at the moment so they are testing the quests in BGEE to make sure that it works out ok.
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    The quest testing is just for BG:EE, but the Hardware and engine testing is for both games, as they will use the same engine.
    @Sed @elminster

Ah, ok. That clarifies a lot. Thank you very much guys!