Skip to content

non-npc portrait overrides?

I've seen a few discussions mentioning or linking to NPC portrait names used to override NPC portraits in the game (like the list at http://portraits.chosenofmystra.net/npc_portrait_change.html), but I was curious if anyone knows the proper names to override some of the other portrait options that do not belong to NPCs.

I've been working on a custom portrait pack and would like to override some of the default options that appear in the portrait selection, particularly that dwarf named Arkanis that shows up in the catacombs. I've tried testing portrait overrides with names like ARKANISL, ARKANISM, ARKANISS, etc. and I know that the file formatting is correct because I have overridden every other NPC in the game.

So, to be concise, does anyone know what names are used for Arkanis's portrait and some of the other portraits that are not typically used by NPCs?

Comments

• nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    GENDWRFL and GENDWRFS, according to NI.
  • jakaminskijakaminski Member Posts: 100
    Thanks! That appears to have worked. Is there a list of these names available somewhere?
    Sorry if I'm being dense. I'm not sure what NI is referring to.
  • ZarakinthishZarakinthish Member Posts: 214
    NI is NearInfinity, a modding tool and game file explorer.
    Ah, got it thanks. I figured something like that would probably be the best way to find out, but I'm not too familiar with the tool myself. I'll try using it myself if I need to find more names.