Skip to content

The "ALT+F4" case and one bug.

ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
edited October 2013 in The Road to v1.2
Hello,

I think that BG is the only application on this world that added some really annoying "confirmation of closing application via using ALT+F4 key combination" - It was annoying 10 years ago and It is annoying now. If you want to sustain this "Boo will miss you" dialog, please add option to disable it. See next post.

The bug: strange characters when using Polish Language
e1.png 52.1K
Post edited by ALIEN on

Comments

• ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    Well, this dialog window should be disabled by default for "ALT+F4" key combination. I know that there will be some people who would love to see it, so please disable it by default and add an option to enable it in baldur.ini
  • VintrastormVintrastorm Member Posts: 216
    I disagree, right now this is the only way (that I know of) that I can alt+tab (or cmd+tab on mac) my way out of BG:EE to my desktop. If it's turned of then the app will quit. It's better to have it annoying people and let them look for a change than to let people think that there's no way to tab out of BG:EE
  • ljboljbo Member Posts: 177
    @Vintrastorm On MacOS, you can also use alt+enter to switch to windows mode and then cmd-tab your way out to another app, can't you?
  • VintrastormVintrastorm Member Posts: 216
    ljbo said:

@Vintrastorm On MacOS, you can also use alt+enter to switch to windows mode and then cmd-tab your way out to another app, can't you?

Yes you can, I just found out a couple of hours ago by trying different combinations. This info should be included somewhere.
  • lekikinou33lekikinou33 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 129
    ALIEN said:

Hello,

I think that BG is the only application on this world that added some really annoying "confirmation of closing application via using ALT+F4 key combination" - It was annoying 10 years ago and It is annoying now. If you want to sustain this "Boo will miss you" dialog, please add option to disable it. See next post.

The bug: strange characters when using Polish Language

It's the same thing for french version ;)