Skip to content

Making a good dual class Fighter/Druid?

Hello! I'm planning on making a Berserker and dual classing him to a Druid for BG2EE but I'm not quite sure what level I should do this at. I read somewhere 13 is a common level but I don't really know why... any help/tips would make me a happy little tree hugger.

Comments

• FrostyFrosty Member Posts: 190
    edited October 2013
    Fighter get a extra 1/2 attack per round at L13, L9 is also a common level since that is the last level you will get the extra HP from your fighter class. and you can do a few quest in BG2 duel and get your fighter levels back just buy turning in the quests your have all ready finished.
  • In addition, if you want to dual in BGEE, doing it at level 7 is acceptable, as that gets you an extra half attack, most of the extra hit points, and still allows you to hit level 9 Druid (and thus level 5 spells) before the experience cap.

Note that getting to level 14 Druid takes quite a lot of experience, especially compared to level 8 or 10.
  • IllGiganteIllGigante Member Posts: 13
    Awesome! That extra 1/2 attack is tempting, might just have to suck it up and let the rest of the party carry me for a while! Thanks for the help!
  • jhneohjhneoh Member Posts: 42
    9 would be best. It only takes 125,000 xp to hit lvl 10 druid, which is virtually nothing in BG2.

You'll be missing out on 1/2 an attack, but its much less tedious than dualling at 13 and needing 1.5 million xp to hit lvl 14 druid.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    I second the early dual. Sure, dualing at 13 makes the later fights a tiny bit easier (how much difference does 1/2 attack really make?) but the cost is that you have to spend a big chunk of the game not only weak, but playing a different class from the one you wanted.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    I have a Berserker->Druid dual waiting for BG2 to come out. I dualled at 7 and got to druid 8 pretty quickly using a bit of metagame knowledge. If you're dualling in BG1/EE then it's the level to go for. Level 9 is probably the best balance for performance and your sanity if you dual in BG2.

Remember, you need a minimum 15 Str and 17 Wis AND 17 Cha to dual from fighter to druid. You can use tomes to get to these stats. You also need to be true neutral. Berserker->Druids don't get the luxury of a dump stat!
  • mjsmjs Member Posts: 742
    the great thing about f>d duals is how quickly druids regain their levels (up to level 12 anyway)
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    While dualling from Berserker at 13 is considered "optimal" in terms of Attacks per Round, you will need 1.25 million XP to get to fighter 13, then a further 1.5 million XP to get to druid 14. This amount of XP puts you very close to the end of SOA, so you'll only actually get to play a fighter/druid in TOB really.

Dualling at 7 or 9 takes *less than one tenth* the XP to regain your class.