Skip to content

The old user-tips in the loading screen?

Hi, since there no longer are any loading screens the old user-tips have disappeared and are nowhere to be found.
That's really sad 'cause as a new player they're always useful and as a veteran one might always learn something new (for example how to switch to windowed mode on mac).

Do you guys know of any plans to bring them back (the user-tips, not the loading screens) or any feature requests that does so?

Wouldn't it be easy to implement a tool-tip window or, better yet, use some of the dead space in the start-up screens?
alnairSwordsNotWords

Comments

• alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    Bit of a déjà vu :)
    (including the suggestion to use the space in the start-up screen)
    Vintrastorm
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    You can play Baldur's Gate 2 in 640x480 or 800x600 ;)
    jackjackThe_Guilty_PartyPibaroSouldancertn
  • VintrastormVintrastorm Member Posts: 216
    @DrHappyAngry Maybe you posted in the wrong thread? I don't see the relevance of your post, I'm afraid. :(
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    It was one of the load screen tips from bg2.
  • VintrastormVintrastorm Member Posts: 216
    Ahaaaa. :)
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    edited October 2013
    Maybe have them somewhere on the save/load/options/quit etc. screen, new tip emerging every time you open it? Seems like the only natural place outside of the loading screens really. It should probably be a toggle if implemented though, I know people like turning the tips off in games that have them.
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    One of them might appear in the dialog box after each load/save/quickload/quicksave/area transition.
    TJ_Hooker
  • SouldancertnSouldancertn Member Posts: 45
    On a similar note, I kind of miss the old artwork from the original Baldur's Gate loading screens. There were no gameplay tips, just some simple sketches that show a party of adventurers on the road, or a perspective of that winding path to Candlekeep.
  • karl_maulderkarl_maulder Member Posts: 133
    edited November 2013
    @Vintrastorm While your character doesn't need to eat, remember that you do. I doubt the BG:EE team want to lose a dedicated player
    nanoSouldancertnlolien