Skip to content

Which class should I choose for a BGEE playthrough to import into BG2EE?

2»

Comments

• ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    edited October 2013
    zerckan said:

Seeing the change of your Mage over time is priceless.
    From ''I cast my magic missile for today. See you tomorrow and plz don't let them hit me :( ''
    To "You will suffer you will all suffer! Understand this as you die ever pathetic ever fools''

I never even bother to memorize magic missile if my mage is only level 1 :P There are just so many better spells at that level to choose from. Sleep, for one.

edit:

I've decided to go ahead with a Gnome Cleric/Illusionist... :P Now I just need a portrait to go along with it! But custom gnome portraits seem to be quite difficult to find.
    Post edited by Elendar on
  • Chaotic_GoodChaotic_Good Member Posts: 255
    edited October 2013
    So many over look Shadow Dancer to Cleric:
    -First off the low exp for each class means little to no exp loss depending on when you duel.
    -They have insta invis, time stop, all the cleric spells, and bad arse HLA's.
    -The thief abilities are are made up through spells and gear so the only loss is you have to choose between pickpocket or lockpick. (Since we know at least one of the new toons in bg2 is a thief there may be new thief skill gear)
    -Staff is the best back stab gear so no real proff loss and though you have x3 you get infinite back stabs(no potions/no spell=no delay) in battle so after 2 the loss is made up.
    -A full Can-O-Wooparse 33%off
    Post edited by Chaotic_Good on
  • jlarose23jlarose23 Member Posts: 24
    Sorcerer. Only plan on soloing though.
  • zerckanzerckan Member Posts: 178
    @Elendar
    Icewind dale has decent gnome portraits as i remember.
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831

So many over look Shadow Dancer to Cleric:
    -First off the low exp for each class means little to no exp loss depending on when you duel.
    -They have insta invis, time stop, all the cleric spells, and bad arse HLA's.
    -The thief abilities are are made up through spells and gear so the only loss is you have to choose between pickpocket or lockpick. (Since we know at least one of the new toons in bg2 is a thief there may be new thief skill gear)
    -Staff is the best back stab gear so no real proff loss and though you have x3 you get infinite back stabs(no potions/no spell=no delay) in battle so after 2 the loss is made up.
    -A full Can-O-Wooparse 33%off

I really HATE dual-classing, so I definitely wouldn't go that route..

I started playing my cleric/illusionist.. Seems like it would turn into a very fun character, eventually. But the extrememly slow leveling is starting to irk me so I might end up just switching to playing a Blade, because I've never done a Bard as the main character before and it levels quickly.