Skip to content

can I create pathfinding waypoints?

VintrastormVintrastorm Member Posts: 216
edited October 2013 in iPad (Archive)
Hi, it's it possible to create waypoints on the iPad? So that your party can navigate easier.
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    I didn't find any information about this in the manual under Ipad Controls so it may not be possible. I don't have an iPad myself.
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    I imagine (but keep in mind that's just a wild wild guess) that you could try long-tapping on the ground.
  • RemenissionsRemenissions Member Posts: 102
    I don't believe so. Baldur's Gate has never had a waypoint function before. I doubt they'd add it to the iPad and not any other platform.
  • VintrastormVintrastorm Member Posts: 216
    It's om bg2 and AFAIK Bg:ee
    alnair said:

I imagine (but keep in mind that's just a wild wild guess) that you could try long-tapping on the ground.

Good suggestion. Unfortunately u don't have an iPad either. Just doin research.
    @Remenissions
    BG:EE has it, check this thread out.

@Vintrastorm
    Let's hope someone that has BG:EE iPad version can try that. @Illydth for example?
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    That's a really good question. Let me see if I can find some information for you. Obviously Ctrl-Click and Shift-Click aren't functional on the iPad version of the game since there are no ctrl and shift keys (DUH), however you're right, there may be a way to do it.

I can confirm that the windows version of the game does, indeed, include the functionality. Shift, Right click does set waypoints.

Let me dig into the iPad version and see if I can get an answer. If I don't respond in the next few days, ping me again on this thread.
    @Illydth
    Ping. :)
    Waow, this totally ended up in the wrong forum. Could a moderator move this to the ipad forum?

@LadyRhian you are the first/only moderator I found the name on after searching for a few minutes. Could you please?
    @Vintrastorm :)

Thanks for the poke. I did go through the interface as best I could, trying as much as I could, and I cannot figure out a way to create Waypoints on the iPad. The functionality IS there within the game (i.e. the windows version does have the functionality enabled) but there is a lack of touch gestures available to make waypointing work.

Honestly, I'd have liked to seen a bluetooth keyboard functional so that some of these things could be done...but I'm guessing there's a huge difference between supporting mouse/keyboard and Touch/BT Keyboard...so yea, I think we're out of luck on this one.

--Illydth
    @Illydth
    Just checking... did you try long-tapping on the ground? Does anything happen at all? It could be a nice feature request.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    It's not possible at the moment, but we'll look into it.
    I did, and no, it doesn't work. I think @Jalily has the final word here.