Skip to content

Add more Weapon slots!

XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
edited August 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
I've always been a bit annoyed at the fact that certain classes ( theives especially) only get two weapon slots. I personally think that there should be more options there. What does everyone else think?
  1. Add more Weapon slots!55 votes
    1. Leave all weapon slots as is
      32.73%
    2. Add more weapon slots to only fighting type classes
      12.73%
    3. Add more weapon slots to every class
      54.55%

Comments

• NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 279
    I never got the reason for that, but I would like to know.
  • WolfheartWolfheart Member Posts: 170
    Give everyone 4 like in iwd2 and let it the mages choose between displaying all weaponslots or quick spells (likein iwd2) yesh please
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Honestly I just don't like, say, Cleric/Thieves having ONE. That's just ... no.
  • MajocaMajoca Member Posts: 263
    @Quarts I didnt know cleric thieves have one slot, that needs changing, however I feel having only a few weapn slots makes you tactful with what weapons you will use. I never really needed more than 2 and if fighter 3, but I can see how people want to have more weapons to hold.
    Majoca said:

@Quartz I didnt know cleric thieves have one slot, that needs changing, however I feel having only a few weapn slots makes you tactful with what weapons you will use. I never really needed more than 2 and if fighter 3, but I can see how people want to have more weapons to hold.

Yeah, Cleric/Thieves and I believe Fighter/Mage/Thieves.
    I'm with you here, I was always fine with 2, or 3 in the case of a fighter.
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    As a fighter/mage, i only get two slots. A pure mage probably only needs one or two, so that I can understand, but as a fighter as well, I do get up close and personal and sometimes the tools need to change depending on the fight or the part of the fight you're in. To top that off, it doesn't break any rules really and gameplay doesn't really change unless is the game is no longer paused upon going into your inventory.
    To top that off, it doesn't break any rules really and gameplay doesn't really change unless is the game is no longer paused upon going into your inventory.
    Lol, that's how it was in BG1. I guess since they're using the BG2 engine on BG:EE though it will pause won't it? A shame, I kind of liked that the inventory forced you to unpause.
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    What weapons could they add?

Tridents? Staff Slings? 2h Axes? Lucern Hammers? I'm not sure, though a Priest with a Staff Sling would be awesome. I remember in Goldbox that Staffslings did 2d4+1 damage but needed 2 hands. I'd love to see them return.

@Dazzu I meant quick slots for weapons in the inventory.

And I really think that Paladins and Rangers should get the same amount of weapon slots that Fighter and Fighter kits recieve. I DO remember a mod that adds those for people, but I also mean quick slots as well.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    This is particularly needed for fighter-style multiclasses which typically only get one or two
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    Well with the GUI being editable Ala IWD2, so I've heard, I don't think it's an issue.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    How about a thing that refills your quiver/ammunition slots from your inventory automatically, and you only run out of ammo if there are no more in your inventory after your ammo slots are empty?
    @LadyRhian that's probably much more needed, I can't tell you how many times I didn't realize my archers ran out of arrows lmao
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @Xavioria Yeah. Of course, you'd still need to check your ammo after every battle, but since they are making arrow stacks larger, I am hoping this wouldn't be as much of an issue.
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    I don't know which option suited me best here. What I actually want is the customizable quick button system from IWD2. So I can decide for myself where weapons go and quick spells and thief abilities and turn undead, and bardic music and the rest.
    This is just for convenience, so I don't think it'll unbalance the game.