Skip to content

Question about Kagain.

Alright, so my reputation got too high and Kagain left my party. I didn't notice that when he did this he just wandered off and seems to have vanished. Have I lost him for good because I cannot seem to find him anywhere?

Comments

• bmakar83bmakar83 Member Posts: 3
    Haha, well fudge, I was hoping I was just not looking in the right places. To think I killed Noober and Lord Binky the Baffoon to get him back.
  • GoodSteveGoodSteve Member Posts: 607
    Typically when your reputation gets too high for evil NPC's or too low for good/neutral NPC's they will leave, taking everything on them as they go and they poof never to be seen again. They don't go to any particular location and you cannot recruit them again. This may be different for the NPC's added in BG:EE but the original NPC's wont come back.
  • bmakar83bmakar83 Member Posts: 3
    Well, that's what I get for not paying better attention. Guess I'll give it another go a little bit closer to the release of BG2.
  • AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448
    You could lower your rep and then CLUA him in again and ask him to join.
  • RemenissionsRemenissions Member Posts: 102
    Astafas said:

You could lower your rep and then CLUA him in again and ask him to join.

And if we're CLUA'ing things in to fix problems, you could also reasign his xp and give him the items he walked off with.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    GoodSteve said:

Typically when your reputation gets too high for evil NPC's or too low for good/neutral NPC's they will leave, taking everything on them as they go and they poof never to be seen again. They don't go to any particular location and you cannot recruit them again. This may be different for the NPC's added in BG:EE but the original NPC's wont come back.

Dorn goes back to the Friendly Arm Inn, so you can get him back if you drop your rep. Neera won't leave, since she is neutral. I don't know what Rasaad and Baeloth do.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Baeloth goes to the FAI, but hides outside (between entrance and temple, I think) and Rasaad returns to Nashkel, outside the Inn.
  • Cowled_wizardCowled_wizard Member Posts: 119
    I have to say it: Please bring him BG2EE.!
    There is nothing against this. He didnt die acording to cannon , or appears somewhere else.

Need more reasons? Hear them from him!

As leader, i plan to make us stinking rich!

The only thing better than gold, is more gold!

Buurrrp!

Plus he is a warrior and his stat is awesome. 100 times better than korgan.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2013

Plus he is a warrior and his stat is awesome. 100 times better than korgan.

Hardly. Korgan has the berserk ability, a lower morale break, much better strength, gets the same extra health benefits from having 19 constitution compared to 20 (except for some slight health regeneration). Kagain has slightly better dexterity which benefits his ranged attacks and AC, but its not enough to make up for what Korgan has over him.

As for the OP what party members do you have? As already stated Ajantis is an alternative (provided you don't have any evil members in your party).