Skip to content

Favorite Single Class

2»

Comments

• zerckanzerckan Member Posts: 178
    edited October 2013
    Inquisitor (The real Wizard Slayer in game)

Necromancer (It has awesome kit color if you have the beta)
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Reading threads like this is giving me chronic restart syndrome. I can't decide now if I want to do a cleric/illusionist, a fighter/thief or assassin, some type of mage, a blade, or even just go with a paladin (cavalier).

Blade does seem like it'd be a lot of fun, but a bit underwhelming until level 4 or so...
  • FelspawnFelspawn Member Posts: 161
    Elendar said:

Reading threads like this is giving me chronic restart syndrome. I can't decide now if I want to do a cleric/illusionist, a fighter/thief or assassin, some type of mage, a blade, or even just go with a paladin (cavalier).

Blade does seem like it'd be a lot of fun, but a bit underwhelming until level 4 or so...

Tell me about it... i'm actually worried i wont be able to settle on one character in time to play him through the game before BG2 arrives. For me its a toss up between a Blade, a stalker or a Cavalier. Leaning towards the blade as the stalker would probably be too similar to my Fighter/Thief. The Blade does start off relatively weak, but considering how overpowered a Fighter/Mage is i don't see it as a bad thing.
  • cervanntescervanntes Member Posts: 64
    I'm on Team Bard as well. My first complete run through the entire series was with a skald, and I found it both fun and challenging! Too many people seem to think a bard must be boring simply because they can't do anything while singing their song. The reality is that the bard is very flexible, and there are times to use the song, times to sling spells, time to unleash a reign of missile fire, and times to just put up stoneskin (or other melee-booster spells) and relieve a tank or two. It's the flexibility without the need to dual/multi class that I really like, combined with the basic idea of playing a swashbuckling jack-of-all-trades wandering entertainer.

I also had a lot of fun with my single-class druid, as much for the challenge of it as anything. I'm sorely tempted to try a monk soon through the entire series, again purely for the challenge of it. While I know monks have a terrible go of it at early levels, I suspect its quite possible with a little adaptation. That's the one thing about BG in particular -- most classes are pretty weak the first few levels (without resorting to mods or hacks, anyway), so holding that against them really is kind of pointless.
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    edited October 2013
    Felspawn said:

(Dorn, Neera, Viconia and Hexxat cover the Warrior/Mage/Thief/Cleric basics with my bard providing "jack of all tradeness" with an free slot to shuffle other characters as needed.

That sounds like a pretty fun combination with being able to see Dorn's, Neera's and Hexxat's new material. I'd most likely end up using Edwin in the sixth slot whenever I wasn't doing a specific NPC's questline. Can never have too much arcane magic!

Now I'll probably try and make the Blade... But I have to somehow make myself get all the way through BG1 with it (ugh at evil parties in BG1 :P )

@Felspawn

Thats true. I previously thought I had settled on running my Gnome Cleric/Illusionist through BG1 and getting him ready for BG2 (collecting all the tomes and maxing his level, that is), but now I'm really considering just going with a Blade. Or I could just wait and go through BG2 with my already exising Cavalier that has a save right at Sarevok.

edit: I doubt I'd avoid playing the Blade just because its a rather weak character in the first few levels , which is hardly a bad thing considering how quickly they can level up. Its mostly just the idea of playing through the first portion of Baldur's Gate yet again that makes me not want to do it. :P But I want to have a character that completed BGEE before moving onto BG2EE.. For the tomes and such, though I suppose I could shadowkeeper it in.
    Felspawn
  • SwordsNotWordsSwordsNotWords Member Posts: 147
    I quite classes that aren't covered by the NCPs, so non-Inquis Pallies, non-Shapeshifter Druids, Rangers (all of them, that's how cool stalker is), sorcerers, etc.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Elendar said:

If you combine all those ideas into one player-made party then you've got a pretty unstoppable group...
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Generic human wizard. I play one almost every play through. When I am not playing that, I play a halfling Thief or a human Paladin. That pretty much covers my gamete.

Now, when I play IWD, my entire party is usually single class:

Human Wizard
    Human Paladin
    Halfling Thief
    Half-Elf Cleric
    Elven Ranger
    Dwarven Fighter
    Silverstar
  • RastignacRastignac Member Posts: 5
    Blade! It's so much fun doing a solo with blade. He/she can fight arm to arm, cast spells and use any item! So many item configurations possible. And don't forget those sexy spins...
  • onanonan Member Posts: 223
    What's a single class?

Stalker if I have to though.
    [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.