Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Dreams

What do the game dreams represent? I've got a fairly clear idea but haven't found any explinations online so far. I'm not sure whether they're straight forward in their meaning or up to interpretation based on your character.

Comments

• GoodSteveGoodSteve Member Posts: 607
    They're slight tip offs about the characters divine heritage and how it is evil. When the character is being good (has a high reputation) the dreams typically manifest as slightly more chipper but with a dark pressence being annoyed that they're not following their true path. I don't think there's really much depth or insight behind them beyond that.
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    edited November 2013
    The dreams are abstract stories of your inner conflict with Bhaal's influence. Evil-leaning characters get the path of dreams where you embrace this influence and intend to ride it to power, not unlike Sarevok.

In Sarevok's journal, he mentions having at least one similar dream experience.

Good characters come into conflict with Bhaal and you struggle to use the murderous power within you for good, effectively like trying to change your portfolio as a deity.

We could get into deeper analysis of one of the particular dreams if you want, but as long as you think of them symbolically they should largely make sense in this context.
    Post edited by LordRumfish on