Skip to content

Baldurs gate is such a terrible game

ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
Baldur's Gate II is the worst racing game I have ever played

First off, the acceleration is clunky and unrealistic. When you hold down the mouse/accelerate button to reach the maximum speed, this speed is actually reached within the very first second of acceleration. And then when you stop holding down the mouse/accelerate button, you come to an almost instantaneous stop. This game is probably the first racing game that I've seen that lacks simple graded acceleration/deceleration physics.

In addition to that, and if that wasn't bad enough, no matter which character/vehicle you use, the speeds are identical across the board. Now, this might have been acceptable in some older games, but racing games these days make use of different vehicles with varying strengths and weaknesses. This adds a bit of depth to the game and forces you to adapt to different tracks based on the vehicle that you're using. Not so in Baldur's Gate. Here, every character/vehicle is identical to the other and choosing one comes down to merely an aesthetic preference.

The game is also an example of how innovation can go bad. The track design, while undeniably innovative, is also the worst that I've seen in any game. The tracks are riddled with really annoying s--t tacked on for the sake of being the first game to implement the gimmick. Case in point: track obstacles that range from obtrusive foliage and buildings, to annoying NPC magicians (yes, f-----g magicians) that throw s--t at you in order to distract you. The tracks are also convoluted to the point of being more like mazes than anything else, and the twists and turns of the tracks can sometimes be so abrupt as to come to a f-----g 90 degree angle.

I haven't played the first one, but if Baldur's Gate II is any indication, this is one racing series to stay the f--- away from.
Edit: Broken image link so I quoted it instead

Sorry if you guys have already seen this :p
Post edited by ajwz on

Comments

• CadmusCadmus Member Posts: 7
    Broken image, access denied.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Fixed
  • AliteriAliteri Member Posts: 308
    He does have a point.
  • g314g314 Member Posts: 201
    I agree, Baldur's Gate II was a terrible racing game, especially when using Halruaa's skyships. Good thing I played the RPG version, instead!
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    I see no image bro.

P.S. If you think BG II is a bad racing game, try IWD.
  • LediathLediath Member Posts: 125
    ajwz said:

In addition to that, and if that wasn't bad enough, no matter which character/vehicle you use, the speeds are identical across the board.

Obvious troll is obvious... Monk nuff said ;)
    incredible racing game

• Twilight_FoxTwilight_Fox Member Posts: 448
    The best racing game is actually skyrim.

1. Use 'Wuld Nah Kest' while standing at the edge of the academy rooftop.
    2. Run naked while lvl1 and punch a giant with your bare hand.

Let's see how 'far' and fast you can go. :P
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Epic failure. Thanks for playing.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    What is this topic? I don't even....
  • RenshtalisRenshtalis Member Posts: 136
    ROFLMAO! I wee'd in my pants a lil bit!
  • Knight12ifyKnight12ify Member Posts: 23
    ajwz said:

Baldur's Gate II is the worst racing game I have ever played

First off, the acceleration is clunky and unrealistic. When you hold down the mouse/accelerate button to reach the maximum speed, this speed is actually reached within the very first second of acceleration. And then when you stop holding down the mouse/accelerate button, you come to an almost instantaneous stop. This game is probably the first racing game that I've seen that lacks simple graded acceleration/deceleration physics.

In addition to that, and if that wasn't bad enough, no matter which character/vehicle you use, the speeds are identical across the board. Now, this might have been acceptable in some older games, but racing games these days make use of different vehicles with varying strengths and weaknesses. This adds a bit of depth to the game and forces you to adapt to different tracks based on the vehicle that you're using. Not so in Baldur's Gate. Here, every character/vehicle is identical to the other and choosing one comes down to merely an aesthetic preference.

The game is also an example of how innovation can go bad. The track design, while undeniably innovative, is also the worst that I've seen in any game. The tracks are riddled with really annoying s--t tacked on for the sake of being the first game to implement the gimmick. Case in point: track obstacles that range from obtrusive foliage and buildings, to annoying NPC magicians (yes, f-----g magicians) that throw s--t at you in order to distract you. The tracks are also convoluted to the point of being more like mazes than anything else, and the twists and turns of the tracks can sometimes be so abrupt as to come to a f-----g 90 degree angle.

I haven't played the first one, but if Baldur's Gate II is any indication, this is one racing series to stay the f--- away from.
    Edit: Broken image link so I quoted it instead

Sorry if you guys have already seen this :p

Your mom is such a terrible racing game.
  • xLegionxxLegionx Member Posts: 197
    Do you realize how obvious a troll you are? What a stupid and pointless post...
  • lmaoboatlmaoboat Member Posts: 72
    xLegionx said:

Clearly not that obvious since he managed to get you anyway.
  • ScooterScooter Member Posts: 182
    @xLegionx I don't think he wrote it, someone else did
  • Knight12ifyKnight12ify Member Posts: 23
    xLegionx said:

You do realize nobody gives a shit? What a stupid and pointless post...
  • WolfheartWolfheart Member Posts: 170

xLegionx said:

You do realize nobody gives a shit? What a stupid and pointless post...
    Actually, I care. It's rather funny if ya think about it.
  • Tr_ondTr_ond Member Posts: 496
    As usual a good read is made funnier by comments from trolls/r-tards. :)
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    @ajwz

your avatar of lahal is well fitted to you. except that you should be one of the ones creating this game, as one of his ideas was to create a game that the earthlings would play for hundreds of hours on end (disgaea doesn't fit that, i played it for thousands of hours on end)