Skip to content

Mulahey yields then attacks in 1.2

yaballayaballa Member Posts: 41
edited November 2013 in Not An Issue
Mulahey yields after being defeated and he suggest that his letters are inside the chest. But when I open the chest, he summons his minions and turns hostile again.
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    edited November 2013
    This would actually make sense--Mulahey's job is to kill anyone snooping around, even if you already beat him to the point where he is willing to surrender. There have been little problems with Mulahey's dialog for years, which is why I have it set for myself so that when he surrenders he drops his inventory and leaves--no second ambush. I also updated his script for the fight but I had to remove the Unholy Blight--the first time I tested it on a good party he killed 4 out of 6 of them.

Anyway...his surrender sets a variable to 4, his script subsequently increments it, then his dialog triggers off the new value of 5 and he summons help and turns hostile.
  • yaballayaballa Member Posts: 41
    Thanks for the clarification. Since he's a priest of Cyric, we can forgive him any dialog inconsistencies ;)
    Vintrastorm
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Yes, this is definitely the intended behavior.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    edited November 2013
    Hasn't this happened since the original game release in '98? Mulahey never goes quietly, the surrender is just a ruse. I'd be shocked to hear this many years later that this was unintended.