Skip to content

Going squirrelly

Looking for the stone of luck or ring of protection or whatever that's on one of the squirrels. What area is this squirrel in? Please be a bit more descriptive than "west of Nashkel," as the maps have changed a bit.
SCARY_WIZARD

Comments

• OperativeNLOperativeNL Member Posts: 146

There is no such thing in Baldur's Gate, or Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition.

It was nothing but a joke.

Umm no, I really did find a ring of protection +2 on a squirrel once. Can't remember where it was exactly.

the "joke" is convincing others that it's a joke, so they miss out on it... ;)

SCARY_WIZARD
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I checked in Near Infinity. There are 3 (nesqrl.cre, squirl.cre, squirr.cre) squirrel files and none of them had anything in their inventory much less a ring.
    Sylvus_MoonbowWilbur
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    Reminds me of the fable of the shadowknight snow bunny in Eastern Wastes on Velious. Supposedly it could harm touch for 800 or so damage, which at the time was a lot in EverQuest.

Ahh, game legends. Good times.
    Fredjo
  • marcerormarceror Member Posts: 577
    Hrrrm.... Everquest. The game that almost took my life!
  • ICNICN Member Posts: 61
    No no no, your problem is that you're killing the squirrels. If you're looking to get the ring, I believe the Frog Prince fairy tale has the information required.
    FredjoelminsterEudaemonium
  • EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    nuts
    EudaemoniumelminsterSyntia13CrevsDaak
  • EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    LordRumfish[Deleted User]CrevsDaak
  • ArcalianArcalian Member Posts: 359
    All right, all right, don't get all bushy-tailed about it....
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    Didn't the whole "ring on a squirrel" myth start because of one of rpgdelarge's playthrough vids on Youtube, where someone asked him how he got ahold of some ring and he basically replied,"I don't know, I think I got it from a squirrel I killed"? (he used to kill every squirrel he came across, often in very creative ways).
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937

Didn't the whole "ring on a squirrel" myth start because of one of rpgdelarge's playthrough vids on Youtube, where someone asked him how he got ahold of some ring and he basically replied,"I don't know, I think I got it from a squirrel I killed"? (he used to kill every squirrel he came across, often in very creative ways).

Did he ever kill a squirrel with a pit fiend Neera summoned, by using its death gaze? I have (on accident).
    Wilbur