Skip to content

The Patch is a Lie (This Was a Triumph)

YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
Very disappointed in the devs that they would delete my post rather than answer a direct question:

When and how are we going to acquire the patch for those who did not purchase BGEE through Beamdog?
(I got mine through Mac AppStore, which is a bloody mess, "updating" endlessly, not even sure if it is trying to apply the recent patch or not. I hear Steam is even worse.)

Either don't agree to sell your product through these channels or properly support it and inform your readers of your plans.
We deserve this much courtesy, I hope.
Post edited by Dee on

Comments

• YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
    edited November 2013
    Thanks, this is informative.

So, what is the projected timeline for a Mac AppStore update then?

(A word on this at release post of the patch would have curbed much misunderstanding -- we are, after all, a thousand hungry Xvarts when it comes to getting patched.)
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    The post was deleted because it was off topic in a thread about game issues. We submitted the patch to Apple when we released the patch on beamdog. App Store patches have always worked this way.
    Thanks for a direct and to-the-point answer.
  • marcerormarceror Member Posts: 577
    Maybe you can change your post subject now? Since it seems you no longer believe the patch is... "a lie." :)

Rather misleading.
    Fixed. :)
  • PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
    edited November 2013

It's of course not your fault, OP, since the problems with Atari happened after you bought the product, but it's not Beamdog's fault either. Think of it this way: if you order a pizza from the restaurant down the street, you're probably going to get it relatively quickly. If you order your pizza by carrier pigeon from an Eastern European country that collapses due to civil war, it's going to take longer/might not be very tasty when you get it.

Not your fault, not the country's fault, not the carrier pigeons' fault - sometimes things just don't go the way we would like. In the future, your best bet would be to buy your pizza from the restaurant that actually made it :)

Not entirely relevant, but I believe @Ygramul bought the game through the Mac App Store, not Steam. the App Store version of the game is curated by Beamdog; it just has to go through Apple's rigorous approval process too.
    Well, all I asked for was clear information -- which I received.
    Thanks, @Dee.

Now, to wait for the AppStore... one-one-thousand, two-one-thousand, three-one-thousand...
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    The interweb claims that this so-called "update approval" will take about 4 days on the Mac App Store, and a long week for me on the iPad, so you should have your update by monday-Wednesday-ish. I will be patient, waiting my week or so.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    I'm very disappointed by the App Store. They allow companies to sell completely broken games, yet hold up the release of my BGEE update? No Christmas present for them this year.
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    Oh come on. Give them a chance to actually take a look at the patch and test it before burning them at the stake for performing due diligence.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    To late, the present was already returned.
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Amberion said:

Oh come on. Give them a chance to actually take a look at the patch and test it before burning them at the stake for performing due diligence.

A broken version of pokemon yellow once was released on the apple app store. It didn't even emulate the title screen and wasn't released by game freak/Nintendo. They are turds to have let that through.