Skip to content

BG2EE: Sarevok's Sword for Sarevok

(Possible spoiler for anyone who hasn't played it yet(?!))

So I remember when I first got ToB and knew that we will get to meet Sarevok again, I started a new game specifically to pick up Sarevok's Sword in the Prologue and keep it with me all the way to the ToB's meeting with 'my brother'.

My plan seemed flawless. Since the djinn(or smth) thought the sword was mine, then it must have been bound to the one thing I shared with Sarevok -> Sarevok's Bhaal soul. Surely there'd be something great for anyone who gets the sword to Sarevok right - its proper owner? Perhaps part of the B's essence is in the sword itself, allowing Sarevok to be resurrected without me sacrificing part of myself?

Well.. Much to my disappointment nothing happened. But now, maybe this could be changed? :) Though it'd be a really nice touch.

Comments

• velehalvelehal Member Posts: 299
    This is solved in the Ascension mod.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    edited November 2013
    The reason the djinn has that "it belonged to you" dialogue is because originally, he was planned to give you a third importable item. This never got properly coded or was scrapped, and the result is him giving you the Sword of Chaos (which was supposed to be the default item on that list - like the Helm of Balduran or Mail of the Dead) instead.

Ehrm. Just by the way ;)
  • WHardyWHardy Member Posts: 3
    Interesting! Thanks both of you, guess that answers my question. I do hope they incorporate Ascension as it's half-official anyway. It really Enhanced the game (pun intented), though I didn't know about the sword.

Now that I read about it I still think this could be more interesting if, for example, the sword got better just as Sarevok does.. just a thought.

• velehalvelehal Member Posts: 299
    Sarevok´s sword is upgraded in Ascension. When you give it to him it becomes + 4 instead of + 2.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Sarevok says he lost the powers to channel his Bhaal Essence in his weapons and armor he had on BG1 because he lost his life, and also he lost them and he never realizes you have the sword.