Skip to content

Nice work on character biographies.

I've played Baldur's Gate so many times now that most of the time I barely remember there is a bio established for my character. Ignoring this may have stemmed form the original's bios being somewhat vague for some classes yet more explicit for others (the bard bio stands out, but I seem to remember all priest and fighter classes sharing the same or similar wording).
Not only have the biographies been updated but even new classes like the barbarian and sorcerer have unique backgrounds. It may mean very little to most players, and even less to those who have a hard time imagining more exotic classes ever emerging from the seclusion of Candlekeep, but I am glad for the thoughtful effort put into them.

Comments

• LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    Yeah, I agree. Sometimes I add a middle paragraph to further clarify my character, or delete a line or two. Only once recently have I completely rewritten the bio, and that was for a wild mage character who traded places with Abdel from a different dimension and time. ^_~
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    The new ones are well-written yes. They should make some for more of the sub-classes imo. Quite possible for them to do it seems judging by Blackguard.
  • CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493

The new ones are well-written yes. They should make some for more of the sub-classes imo. Quite possible for them to do it seems judging by Blackguard.

Very true, but some all it takes is some very minor edits of the default. Such as mine for Swashbuckler:

"Inspired by your foster father's colorful tales of pirates and swashbucklers, you have spent your childhood
    yearning for adventure. On the seas of your imagination, the ambling, preoccupied monks of the
    keep have often played the secret lords of Waterdeep, their purses ripe targets for your plundering."