Skip to content

Patch Error

So after waiting what seemed to be an eternity for the new patch, I was overjoyed when it finished installing.

... Only to be greeted by a new nightmare. Whenever I go to start a new game or load a game, the following occurs.. Game exits.

Then a bunch of errors come up,

"cannot find column time_recieved on table quest"
"attempting to call NULL statement"

And finally, "there was an error, crash report saved to Bg enhanced blah blah."

Seriously, what the hell? Does anything ever run smoothly with you people?

Comments

• Huntsman13Huntsman13 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, this is my first post on the forum, and thought it was time to get involved as I had exactly the same issue. After some trawling I noticed the error has already been raised, so you might want to try this link which solved the problem for me.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/22651/time-recieved-error#latest

As well as following the tips on the above link, I ended up deleting my override folder to remove a portrait pack I downloaded, which I think was the route cause of the problem.

Hope you manage to get the game working, as personally, I think this is the best version of BG yet!
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    Yea, the portrait pack has caused issues for a lot of people.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Game runs smoothly for me :)
  • Edwin_OdesseironEdwin_Odesseiron Member Posts: 226
    @elminster thanks for that useless input, we're all very happy for you.

Back onto the point at hand: Re-installing this game worked for me, if anyone else is having the same issue.

What's with the store? Portrait packs and voice packs and stuff, yet you cannot click "buy" ? Is this a function later to be implemented?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

What's with the store? Portrait packs and voice packs and stuff, yet you cannot click "buy" ? Is this a function later to be implemented?

Because you already own them if you own the PC or Mac versions of the game.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632

@elminster thanks for that useless input, we're all very happy for you.

I see Edwin still harbors some resentment towards Elminster...