Skip to content

New pick-pocketing skill level requirement

How is everyone finding the new changes to the pick-pocketing skill level requirement?
I'm surprisingly finding it a good change. I would always tend to pickpocket quest reward items from people because it was just easier to have it now. Makinf the quest either redundant and unsatisfying as I already have the reward item. Also it actually means there's a reason to put points into it, rather than save/reload with just 10% skill level.
Of course, this will mean I'll probably not be able to get the Scimitar +3 (as I don't like killing Drizzt).
CutlassJackEudaemoniumKidCarnivalAristillius

Comments

• CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493
    My Swashbuckler always focuses on Pickpocket first so it makes it feel even more rewarding for me to play it that way. But because I'm always high in it, the change didnt directly affect me much.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I actually hardly ever pickpocket, but at least that 95 score on my 10th level 19 Dex Jester is going to be handy for something now!
    KidCarnival
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    I found it a little irritating, but it did give me incentive to kill Algernon with an evil party recently rather than keep him alive. New reasons to murder people... always good right?

Honestly it's probably a good change. Pickpocket used to be pure reload fodder and now it matters, scaling like open lock or find/disarm traps.
    Fredjo
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    i've only really pickpocketed once because my most recent game was a fighter/thief so doing so allowed me to actually to the broken scroll quest in the prologue by pickpocketing.

btw, your profile picture is the same picture that is used on my character :)
  • luskanluskan Member Posts: 269
    edited November 2013
    You only need 95 to pick pocket Drizzt, 50 for Algernon's cloak. Garrick at level 2 or a Ferret familiar can grab the cloak. Buy potions of Master Thievery at Durlag's Tower if you want the scimitars early. 95 is the highest you'll need to steal from a NPC. Stores I believe will need more..
    nano[Deleted User]
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.