Skip to content

Cleric Assassin of Urdlen or Cleric Stalker of Shevarash/Uthgar

For my first full playtrough of BGEE I want to take all the new NPC's along + Imoen.

I want to be a hider/backstabber and must be a Cleric (because there are no clerics as new NPC's so I need one as i find the big B.

The first thing I wanted is playing an Halfling assassin, but its an illegal multi with cleric. So one pick is a gnome cleric/thief changed to assassin. The deity will be Urdlen ( http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Urdlen ) and I will play chaotic Neutral. I will RP to the evil side, but especialy selfish.

The other option is a Stalker (elf/half-elf) and I want to be as chaotic Neutral i could roleplay. But non-good rangers are not possible. The deity wil be based on Retribution ( http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Retribution_domain_deities ) Bhaal is one, thats why. Shervarash and Uthgar are good choices. But Uthgar is not on his place on the sword coast and an Shervarashan Ranger will kill B on-sight.

Dual classing is not out of the quiestion but would start as thief/ranger. What level for dual then? Ranger lvl 7 for 1.5 attacks? But than I have have no cleric for a while. Assassin level 8? 5?
Can I dual to Druid for better weapons? Ranger can't, assassin couldn't in BG2.

I will roleplay but I will rush to the NPC's ASAP.

Advantages/disadvantages
Stalker eats more Thac0's (better melee and i wont use many ranged weapons)
Stalker can dual weild clubs
Assassin has Poisonweapon (can't use Dagger of venom as cleric multi)
Assassin has shadowarmor/ stalker shit-armor
Assassin has a better deity option
Druid dual can use daggers and scimitars to backstab
If I dual I must change deity and might end up false if I die

Opinions please

Comments

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    You can only dual a Druid to a Fighter or vice-versa, so Druid is completely out. I should point out that all Multi-Kits are illegal even in PnP, so if you want to play a Halfling Assassin/Cleric you might as well go for it. If you have the latest patch you can get a mod that unlocks the racial dual or multi-class restrictions. :)
  • Dual then? I should prick @Eudaemonium whit my poisoned club for pointing out PnP rules...

Maybe I just go cleric/thief then. And use EEkeeper for one tiny poison weapon skill or earth-elemental summonning.

Urdlen clerics should use piersing/slashing damage. Its a shame you cant back-stab with a morningstar.

Well, I wouldn't have brought up PnP rules but you stated that a Halfing Cleric/Thief was illegal, so I thought I'd point out that kitting a multi-class with Assassin is also illegal, so it wasn't really a point against running a Halfling. I have a Halfling Cleric/Thief, for example, simply because I wanted to run one. If you want to run a Halfling Cleric/Assassin multi-class, by all means do! In my opinion you should do whatever you want to aid your character concept. It isn't like this is some kind of competative PvP game, after all.

Duals work, except you have to be human (or using the aforementioned mod), but I have never dualled out of Assassin before so I am unsure exactly when would be optimal to do so. They get reduced Thieving points too, and their bonuses other than the Poison is a high-level thing, which means they aren't too amenable to dualling from. (Though Assassin>Mages can fling poisonous Melf's Minute Meteors).

It is a pity that certain Cleric kits can't get around the weapon restrictions.
  • @Eudaemonium please do not take offence

I think I will go Cleric/thief or assassin-dual-cleric. Give him some special abillity if i multi (summon earth-elemental or poison)
    Oh, no offence taken! Sorry, I probably sounded too serious. I was typing light-heartedly in my own head. Next time I will add more emoticons. :)

That sounds like an interesting character :) I'm not sure if you can give him the Earth Elemental, though (but feel free to try), but you can certainly give him the Poison.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747

(Though Assassin>Mages can fling poisonous Melf's Minute Meteors).

That's really the only benefit, I did so in Black Pits for a mage killer mage. Other than that, the poison won't get you very far with a fighter. It's decent with darts tho, but if you wanted lots of ranged poison damage, you'd probably take a bow and Arrows of Biting, not a dart throwing assassin-->fighter(type).

A multi classed cleric as only healer is perfectly enough, so I'd go for the halfling cleric/thief anyway. With Imoen for traps and locks, you can put all your points in stealth and backstab with clubs, have the better deity and not worry about when to dual.

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Assassin/Cleric sounds like a cool concept, so I'd go with that.
  • I could try to add the earth control staff from bg2, or create my own weapon. But i'm not sure how. (i have a great idea for a barbed staff for priests of Loviatar 1d6 blunt + 1d2 piercing damage + chance of Bleeding damage)
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Assassin/cleric, because you will have some absolutely ridiculous backstabs.
  • Yes and I will give him blood-red / white colors because Udlen priests wear blood sooked white robes.
    Maybe they confuse me for an wihimpy Ilmater cleric [rubs hands].
    LadyRhian said:

image also by Ruloc

I am goinig to try to edit this picture and to my colors and remove the blade, also trying to make it more gnomish