Skip to content

New to SCS

jfliederjflieder Member Posts: 115
Hello All,

I'm trying to install SCS for the first time, and I appear to be getting tripped up on one of the last steps. I've downloaded SCS, opened the command window on the 00766 file and added the proper language-dependent text. After clicking on the .exe file, I've selected all of the components that I wish to have, and they read as successfully installed on the window. After being prompted to hit enter, the windows reads something about all of the AI and Tactic components being skipped due to an error, and the specific text after each failed component reads "This component requires the core 'initialize' component to be installed."
I am not asked to select this during the component selection process, and I'm not sure how to make sure it pops up during the selection process. After scrolling up through the lines of text, I can see that the "Initialize AI components" is successfully installed without my prompting.
I'm new to modding and very much looking forward to trying out this mod. If anyone has either had this problem previously or is knowledgeable about this specific roadblock, I'd greatly appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• ComplyOrDieComplyOrDie Member Posts: 41
    Create a new folder in the 00766 folder and name it 'override'. That will solve your current issue.

Make sure dialog.tlk is in the appropriate place too once installed ( have you looked into this?)
  • jfliederjflieder Member Posts: 115
    edited November 2013
    Thank you @ComplyOrDie for the reply. I popped in an override folder within my 00766 folder and the subsequent SCS install went off without a hitch. Do you know if the process will need to be redone after every time I turn off my computer, and do you know if the installation of the newly installed AI and Tactic components will affect saved games that were started before the successful installation?
  • ComplyOrDieComplyOrDie Member Posts: 41
    Doesn't need to be redone. Not sure about the saves, best to start afresh but I imagine the AI bits will be fine. Give it a try and see if the mages pre buff etc.
  • jfliederjflieder Member Posts: 115
    I'll get a chance to check that out this weekend. Thanks again for getting back to me.