Skip to content

Will Stat Upgrades on Companions Carry over to BG2EE?

Hello all,

I am very excited for BG2EE, in preparation for it I have been playing through BGEE once more with the new patch upgrades and bug fixes. However I am wondering about whether or not it is worth using the stat tomes on NPC's that carry over to BG2EE (Minsc, Jaheira, Edwin, Viconia, Dorn, Neera, and Rasaad).

For example, I would really love to give Neera the Tome of Intelligence to get her Int. to 18 as it is a big upgrade for her, but I would feel it's a waste if it won't carry over to BG2. Does anyone know if the devs have commented on this yet?

Comments

• ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 880
    No, they don't carry over.
  • HandofTyrHandofTyr Member Posts: 106
    Have they changed something so that int matters more for wizards in EE? I know in PnP you needed an 18 to cast 9th level, but I thought that didn't get carried into BG.

It's sorta kinda cheating since the stat gains won't carry over, and I believe they're closing the item dropping exploit at the start of BG2, but just console in an int book in BG 2. Or use an editor program.
  • SniiiimonSniiiimon Member Posts: 153
    Sadly, no. However, some of the companions' stats are improved in the sequel. This could be true for Rasaad, Neera and Dorn as well.
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    HandofTyr said:

Have they changed something so that int matters more for wizards in EE? I know in PnP you needed an 18 to cast 9th level, but I thought that didn't get carried into BG.

It's sorta kinda cheating since the stat gains won't carry over, and I believe they're closing the item dropping exploit at the start of BG2, but just console in an int book in BG 2. Or use an editor program.

Or visit the Machine of Lum the Mad in Watcher's Keep and you don't have to cheat at all.
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    HandofTyr said:

Yes they enforced this rule to some extent. Now you need 18 int to be able to learn 9th level spells. Which means Edwin is the only one who can learn them without help of potions. Once you know a spell, you can cast it without having 18 int.

@Sniiiimon Devs already said that the stats wouldn't be improved, they stay the same.