Skip to content

Path Search Nodes and Maximum Frame Rate

2 questions:

1. In bg2 I used to beef up the Path Search Nodes. In BG1 it is set to 32 000. Is there any point to increase it?

2. What is the, in your opinion, maximum frame rate to use if you don't want the dialogues to be cut off and cutscenes etc. interrupted? In bg2 I used 45 but sometimes stuff were cut off. Right now I'm doing 40 in BG:EE and so far so good, altought it's been close a few times.

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    The highest I've ever gone was 35 for normal play. Just enough to smooth out animations a bit, without ruining cutscenes.
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    I use 40, strikes a good balance IMO.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    edited November 2013

1. In bg2 I used to beef up the Path Search Nodes. In BG1 it is set to 32 000. Is there any point to increase it?

I'd like an answer to that as well. In vanilla BG1/BG2 you could increase it all the way to 400k. Does it work the same way in the EE?
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Kilivitz said:

I'd like an answer to that as well. In vanilla BG1/BG2 you could increase it all the way to 400k. Does it work the same way in the EE?
    Same here. Something about v1.2 just makes it feel like there is a reduced number of path search nodes. Party members tend to get stuck on each other in melee, instead of walking around them and then attacking. Or it might be that they aren't recalculating the most effective route while they are taking an action. All I know is that I would like to see a return of the BGConfig program.
    MortiannalolienConjurerDragon
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    You can edit the baldur.ini file for 'Path Search Nodes' parameter. Chances are the limits are the same as in BG II since BGEE is using the BG II game engine.