Skip to content

Please make Baldur's Gate 3.

KhoryaceKhoryace Member Posts: 79
As I feel the need to totally counter the other thread about someone not wanting Baldur's Gate 3 to be made.

Most of us here brought BG Series 2 and 3 times, even 4 times that I read.

Please, make Baldur's Gate 3.

Comments

• KhoryaceKhoryace Member Posts: 79
    Oh and If I were the Devs I would definitely offer a job to the mighty skilled & dedicated CoM_Solaufein.
  • marcerormarceror Member Posts: 577
    I hope there will be some way to make it without Atari being involved. With them, we'll probably only have 4 or 5 classes available to play, and corners cut all over the place.
  • chaosapiantchaosapiant Member Posts: 32
    My dream version of BG3 is an actual sequel to TOB in the infinity engine still using 2nd ed rules. I'd like the game to be very surrealistic and "godly" since you'll be an ascended god, and have it based in the planes. Like a cross between Planescape: Torment and Sacrifice basically.
  • fish0331fish0331 Member Posts: 197
    Yes make bg3...nobody is forcing people who don't want another to buy it....
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781

My dream version of BG3 is an actual sequel to TOB in the infinity engine still using 2nd ed rules. I'd like the game to be very surrealistic and "godly" since you'll be an ascended god, and have it based in the planes. Like a cross between Planescape: Torment and Sacrifice basically.

the problem with BG3 is that then there would be people like me who refused godhood
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    I was literally thinking what @BhildofBhaal599 was thinking. I... kinda went both ways in terms of the godhood choice. Sometimes I would choose godhood when I wasn't romancing someone, but then I would choose mortality when I was with Anomen or someone else (I know Anomen romance is generally disliked, but I found him rather charming).

I want BG3 SOOO much myself... but I'm a little concerned as to where they'll take it. Not concerned actually, just... frantically interested.
  • FelspawnFelspawn Member Posts: 161
    Dont Make Baldurs Gate 3, that would imply its a sequel, CHARNAME's story is finished. instead make a new story in Baldurs Gate, maybe more in lines with the current FR timeline, with a few nice easter eggs to the original. Or hell even a Cameo or two from the more long lived NPCs. That would be the preferred way to go (IMO)
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Khoryace said:

As I feel the need to totally counter the other thread about someone not wanting Baldur's Gate 3 to be made.

You mean something like this?
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    Make Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition first.
  • FelspawnFelspawn Member Posts: 161
    Sceptenar said:

Make Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition first.

Agreed, of all the Infinity engine games left, its definitely the one that needs another chance to shine in the spotlight.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I just want a really quality game and don't much care what they call it. :-|

Return to Baldur's Gate - The Hamster Saga?

Kidding aside, the writing and story are more important to me than the name or the ties to BG I/II.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    sounds great to have a BG3. But since there is already another thread with the exact same name (almost) can we do just one please? not two?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    The support in this thread is great, but as the other one's been linked to and bumped, I'm going to close this one.
This discussion has been closed.