Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Which class will you play BG2EE first as?

1235»

Comments

• BulldogBulldog Member Posts: 4
    Multi-class or Dual-class
    Thinking about a Cleric/Illusionist or maybe a dark moon monk

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,009
    Druid
    Bulldog said:

Thinking about a Cleric/Illusionist or maybe a dark moon monk

Those have two very different play styles :)

jackjack
  • AeschylusAeschylus Member Posts: 57
    cleric/ranger dualing hammers? :D

• Chaotic_GoodChaotic_Good Member Posts: 255
    I had to reroll since there is a rng problem with shadow dancers that forces the world dnd to crumble around me (how do you roll for a cd). Now I am going to play dueled Beastmaster12-13/Cleric35-38.

• badbromancebadbromance Member Posts: 238
    edited November 2013
    Cleric
    Ok, I know I said Cleric and selected it a few months but it will actually be a Blackguard.

Last week I finished up BGEE with a Blackguard PC and it was very strong and a good play through.
    My group was pretty awesome and included:

Dorn - Between my PC and Dorn we mowned down in melee. By the time we got to Seravok he had 2 pips in Crossbows and had the Heavy Xbow of accuracy with lightning bolts, Potent.

Shar-teel - Dueled to Thief. She mainly used a bow but also duel wielded daggers. Made good use of the Dagger of venom and dispelling arrows

Eldoth - Dorns quest bugged on my run so I didn't get the elven chain but he was still a valuable member. Halberd for melee but mainly used longbows with trick arrows for Seravok and remove magic. I gave him the dex gloves to help his archery and he made good use of wands. It was good to have a high pickpockt and lore. Not required but definitely handy to have around.

Edwin - Pretty standard, sleep, horror, stoneskin the ususal suspects. Wands etc

Viconia - Once she got the ogre gloves she was decent in melee but mainly had her buffing/sling. Her true strength was Silence which made so many fights trivial. Very valuable party member.

This group mopped up Seravok which was the first time I had no issues. I Think this was due to smart tactics including trick ammo and a little kiting from Charname.

Ok I went of track there but Blackguard will be first for me :)

elminster
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 812
    I have no idea, I might just randomize everything

• ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 603
    Druid

I have an Avenger with pretty great stats that I'll probably use the first time through (after going through BGEE again, once the patch is released). Neutral alignment means that I won't be restricted in picking up the new NPCs.

I'm sticking with my Avenger -- going through BGEE 1.2 right now with him -- but focusing on a 'neutral/good' party (no evil folks). Once I finish the game (should probably take a month), I'll export him to BG2EE. New NPCs in the party will be Neera and Rasaad.

My next play through (sometime in 2014) will be with a mage/sorcerer, and will be a neutral/evil game, so I'll add Dorn and Hexxat then.