Skip to content

Which class will you play BG2EE first as?

1235»

Comments

• BulldogBulldog Member Posts: 4
    Thinking about a Cleric/Illusionist or maybe a dark moon monk
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Bulldog said:

Thinking about a Cleric/Illusionist or maybe a dark moon monk

Those have two very different play styles :)
    jackjack
  • AeschylusAeschylus Member Posts: 57
    cleric/ranger dualing hammers? :D
  • Chaotic_GoodChaotic_Good Member Posts: 255
    I had to reroll since there is a rng problem with shadow dancers that forces the world dnd to crumble around me (how do you roll for a cd). Now I am going to play dueled Beastmaster12-13/Cleric35-38.
  • badbromancebadbromance Member Posts: 238
    edited November 2013
    Ok, I know I said Cleric and selected it a few months but it will actually be a Blackguard.

Last week I finished up BGEE with a Blackguard PC and it was very strong and a good play through.
    My group was pretty awesome and included:

Dorn - Between my PC and Dorn we mowned down in melee. By the time we got to Seravok he had 2 pips in Crossbows and had the Heavy Xbow of accuracy with lightning bolts, Potent.

Shar-teel - Dueled to Thief. She mainly used a bow but also duel wielded daggers. Made good use of the Dagger of venom and dispelling arrows

Eldoth - Dorns quest bugged on my run so I didn't get the elven chain but he was still a valuable member. Halberd for melee but mainly used longbows with trick arrows for Seravok and remove magic. I gave him the dex gloves to help his archery and he made good use of wands. It was good to have a high pickpockt and lore. Not required but definitely handy to have around.

Edwin - Pretty standard, sleep, horror, stoneskin the ususal suspects. Wands etc

Viconia - Once she got the ogre gloves she was decent in melee but mainly had her buffing/sling. Her true strength was Silence which made so many fights trivial. Very valuable party member.

This group mopped up Seravok which was the first time I had no issues. I Think this was due to smart tactics including trick ammo and a little kiting from Charname.

Ok I went of track there but Blackguard will be first for me :)
    elminster
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    I have no idea, I might just randomize everything
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 873

I have an Avenger with pretty great stats that I'll probably use the first time through (after going through BGEE again, once the patch is released). Neutral alignment means that I won't be restricted in picking up the new NPCs.

I'm sticking with my Avenger -- going through BGEE 1.2 right now with him -- but focusing on a 'neutral/good' party (no evil folks). Once I finish the game (should probably take a month), I'll export him to BG2EE. New NPCs in the party will be Neera and Rasaad.

My next play through (sometime in 2014) will be with a mage/sorcerer, and will be a neutral/evil game, so I'll add Dorn and Hexxat then.