Skip to content

Fullscreen problem after Windows 8.1 update

I started having a weird problem with full screen mode after I updated to Windows 8.1. It appears as if the full screen mode is upscaled by 50%, making it obviously unusable.

The workaround I've found is to open Control Panel at "Control Panel\Appearance and Personalisation\Display" and set "Size of all items" to "Smaller". This is very inconvenient, so I'm hoping that there's a better solution?

Comments

• abs0abs0 Member Posts: 2
    For what it's worth, there's a simple solution to this. Turning on "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" option under compatibility tab for BGEE fixes this problem.

I haven't had this issue on Windows 8, so I assume Microsoft changed how the scaling works with Windows 8.1.
  • Johnny7Johnny7 Member Posts: 2
    I have another problem after installing Windows 8.1 - since then the game is "white" and for me unplayable. Also the small update via steam now is no real improvement. Now are there white beams.

I installed the last Catalyst driver after having the problem. But it doesn't help.
    Maybe someone knows what's to do with this graphic-problem? My Graphiccard is a ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series.
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    edited November 2013
    @Johnny7 There is a new big update on Steam, from what I read in other parts of the forum. It should be the real patch (it's huge).
    I have no problem with HD4850 with latest non beta drivers, I think (Catalyst 13.1), but I'm using Windows 7.
    Here is a discussion about getting HD4800 series to work on Windows 8.1.
  • Johnny7Johnny7 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the help. I guess I am waiting for a newer Catalyst driver or a Game Update. I am too old for trying things out like backinstalling an old Catalyst 13.1. I installed the newest one (13.11). This or a newer version must work someday. ;)