Skip to content

Hidden Caches

AurethaineAurethaine Member Posts: 13
So lemme ask ya'll, how many of these hidden caches are there in the world of Baldur's Gate? I mean I've found the ring in the wilderness North of Beregost/South of The Friendly Arm Inn. And the other ring in the dirt on the Friendly Arm Inn. The only other I know of is the pearl/ankeg plate mail in Nashkel. Any others you guys might know of?

Comments

• CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    You've got the major ones. There's a ring of fire resistance hidden in a cliff on the map with Dorn's necromancer lass and a scroll of cloudkill 1 map east of the Nashkel mines.

The rings and armour you've already found are the jackpot though.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Wand of frost in a tree in the northwest corner of the Nashkel mines map.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    A diamond in a tree by the road in the area where Gorion dies.

I found the cloudkill scroll south of nashkel on my own. Happy larger interaction areas on the iPad!
  • Chaotic_GoodChaotic_Good Member Posts: 255
    edited November 2013
    This is a pretty good site has an interactive map (upper left) with a map, item,quest and encounter list for every area. !!Spoiler alert!! it has the most complete info of all the sites I have seen, but no info on the new content :

http://www.forgottenwars.com/bg1/ar4700.htm
  • AurethaineAurethaine Member Posts: 13
    Thanks guys! You were a great help!
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    There's a Scimitar +2 hidden on the roof of Durlag's Tower in one of the chimneys. (Make sure you have plenty of Scrolls of Protection from Petrification ready, or memorize lots of those spells if you can, as the roof is infested with Basilisks. You probably won't be able to find or buy enough potions of Mirrored Eyes in the game to do it.)

The Three Old Kegs Inn in Baldur's Gate North section has a skull hidden in a painting on the second floor (it's also trapped), Take the Skull to the Docks section of Waterdeep, and in the last house at the bottom of the area (Near the Ship), there is a cursed man named Ghorak. The skull is key to freeing him from the curse, and gives you 1000 exp and +1 Rep for freeing him from the curse (take the skull to the Lady's House in W Waterdeep and talk to the female priestess, then take the skull back to Gorak to see him freed from the curse).

The Helm of Balduran is behind a trapped painting on the second level of the Helm and Cloak Inn. It can be reached by using the Back Staircase.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Hidden cache is a relative term. How big does a hitbox need to be before it is no longer considered hidden?
  • The_Potty_1The_Potty_1 Member Posts: 436
    I remember trying to find the first area diamond, the FAI mage ring, and the ankheg plate caches in vanilla BG1. Trust me, they're pretty hidden. I'm pretty sure I moused over every tree in the first area for the diamond, but I was expecting something slightly bigger. Similarly I ran the mouse down every damn furrow of every plowed field in Naskel, because at the time all I had was a text description of where to look, so I searched and searched, and eventually decided it was a hoax and gave up. Thank god for the BG2 engine.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    On the iPad you can just tap the trees. Your finger acts like this giant, clumsy mouse, which apparently has it's benefits. Also this is a quest, not a hidden item, but if you return the letter found on the orgarrilons south of beregost to the lady in the house just north of the smithy, you get a ring of protection +1. I don't know how well this is known, but I just figured it out on my own a little while ago, and I also had 18 cha.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    @meagloth That's how I usually get my second ring of protection ;)
  • karnor00karnor00 Member Posts: 680
    There's also a cache in the first level of the ship in the werewolf ship (in the TOTSC expansion area). It's in one of the pillars.