Skip to content

my party

Just wondering what you guys think about my party, I have minsc, ajantis, kivan, viconia, imoen and myself(mage).

Do you rekon thats a good mix? Or do I have too many warriors or something? Should I trade out kivan for a bard such as garriack?

Comments

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    edited November 2013
    Looks good. Missiles (bows/crossbows/darts etc) dominate BG 1, and you always need a frontliner or two, whereas spellcasters are pretty weak until near the end of the game.

Only thing I'd say is Viconia seems a bit out of place in that party. I am not sure if she will actually fight anyone, but it looks like you have a pretty goody-goody team there, and then an evil drow priestess responsible for healing them? In think Branwen would be a better fit roleplay wise, if not gaming wise.

Oh yeah... just encase you don't know, and you are planning to continue this character into BG 2 EE, there is kinda a 'canon party' in BG 1, which would make the start of BG 2 a bit more logical. They are:

Imoen, Dyanheir, Minsc, Khalid and Jaheira

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    You should take Brawnen, or skip all the clerics till Yeslick or some of those mad gnomes.
  • Time4TiddyTime4Tiddy Member Posts: 262
    Yes, in that party, Viconia does have one violent conflict. It may or may not happen in your playthrough, but the possibility is there.
  • shadow85shadow85 Member Posts: 128
    yes I do remember viconia can get pretty edgy with one of my party memebrs if my reputation gets high. But I always load a saved game after she leaves and chances are she doesnt leave again.

Also, I am not worried about the conflict, I just wanted her koz she's hot and has better abilities than the other clerics, I think??

And what is cannon party? Does that mean something special if I have those party members Heindrich1988 mentioned?
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Canon means 'official storyline', or something like that. Basically the start of BG 2 assumes that you had travelled with the party I mentioned, so the start of BG 2 is a bit more meaningful if you did that. However whoever you travel with in BG 1, what happens in BG 2 will happen regardless, so it is not crucial. I was just making a suggestion so you'd be better informed.
  • Time4TiddyTime4Tiddy Member Posts: 262
    shadow85 said:

yes I do remember viconia can get pretty edgy with one of my party memebrs if my reputation gets high. But I always load a saved game after she leaves and chances are she doesnt leave again.

Also, I am not worried about the conflict, I just wanted her koz she's hot and has better abilities than the other clerics, I think??

And what is cannon party? Does that mean something special if I have those party members Heindrich1988 mentioned?

Sorry, by conflict I mean, she'll fight a particular one of your other party members to the death, regardless of your reputation, if certain random banters come up during your playthrough. Not telling which one, though. ;) It may not even happen.
  • shadow85shadow85 Member Posts: 128
    I already know which koz they are saying some nasty things about each other especially when one of them dies.