Skip to content

Help with configuration file

FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
edited July 2013 in Windows PC (Archive)
What does Pausing Map and Heal Party on Rest do? Is there any negatives to enabling the latter setting if it does what I think it does?

Is there any negatives to raising the frame rate above 30? Does it simply speed the game up?

Edit: How do I subscribe to the thread for immediate email notifications?

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Franpa said:

What does Pausing Map and Heal Party on Rest do? Is there any negatives to enabling the latter setting if it does what I think it does?

Rest Until Healed means your party literally stays asleep until they're fully healed (casting healing spells as necessary). The biggest drawback is that this can result in very long rest times, which can cause you to sleep right through timed quests.

Not sure what you mean by Pausing Map, but you can click on the text of a gameplay option to see a description of what it does in the bottom window.
    Franpa said:

Is there any negatives to raising the frame rate above 30? Does it simply speed the game up?

It just speeds up the game by a proportional amount. The main downside is that this can cause cutscenes to run faster than the NPCs can finish saying their overhead lines, but the only thing you lose out on is hearing the rest of the voiceover for those lines.
    Franpa said:

Edit: How do I subscribe to the thread for immediate email notifications?

Click on the gear below your username in the top left and go to Edit Profile -> Notification Preferences -> Notify me when people comment on my discussions. Check the Email box.
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    "Pausing Map" is in the configuration file, not the in-game configuration menu. I have a feeling it pauses gameplay while looking at the map, but not 100% sure on it.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Yep, that's what it does.
    Thanks.
    edited November 2013
    Hopefully final question on the configuration file settings: What does "Auto Pause State" do? I assume it will enable functionality like what is present in Baldur's Gate 2 and as such I also assume the option supports multiple values. Which values correspond to what behaviours?

To elaborate a bit, I believe it has something to do with pausing during combat initiation amongst other things with the ability to configure it so that different things trigger an automated pause.

Edit: Never mind me, I'm a doofus and overlooked it in the in-game options. No need to answer this question!