Skip to content

Baldur's Gate 2 EE

What should I expect in the up coming release of the best RPG game of all time (that is new) Baldur's Gate 2 SoA EE?

Comments

• SharShar Member Posts: 158
    You should expect it to be TOB EE too...
  • ghettohoodieghettohoodie Member Posts: 50
    Sorry, i meant besides that too. @Shar
    haha! I love that :) bc man, I'm going to be playing my ALL TIME favorite game and im having no distractions! :D I'm so ready for this game to come out!
  • WebShamanWebShaman Member Posts: 490
    Wait! Wait, Beamdog, please wait, I'm begging you! I still haven't finished BG:EE yet! I know, I know, I have a problem, I am dealing with it (see the therapy thread). But you can't bring out BGII:EE until I actually finish the first one...ummm...yeah, I am close to finishing it, honest.

Kinda.

Just one more spin down the Sword Coast, yeah? Mebbie I missed something, you know? Shouldn't take more than a few hours...ok, a day, I promise, no more.

Or a week. Hey, it is only 7 days! C'mon, give me a break here!

Ok, a month. Deal?

Beamdog?

Hellooooo?
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I just started a new game that im going to import to bg2ee, infact this team is built for running of to spellhold right away, I have a cavalier, a ranger, a fighter/druid, a fighter/cleric, a thief/illusionist, and a sorcerer, its been pretty fun so far :D
  • zerckanzerckan Member Posts: 178
    You should expect more tests and realize your potential.
    sarevok57 said:

I just started a new game that im going to import to bg2ee, infact this team is built for running of to spellhold right away, I have a cavalier, a ranger, a fighter/druid, a fighter/cleric, a thief/illusionist, and a sorcerer, its been pretty fun so far :D

I cant do it without NPC's its all about character interactions for me. I think thats why i never went far in IW2

@shar ik i dont play the game the right way. I make my own party and dont include any npcs. And i feel like i miss a lot of the fun in that. But this time, i will try and do a real play through with npcs after my first trek with a protagonist full party. But you would agree, im missing a lot of the fun without the otther npc's?
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I think it depends on what you get out of the game. If you are more in it for the tactical combat then a full custom party is okay, but I agree with @Shar. I think you just miss way too much without the NPCs, not just in terms of quests but in terms of the game feeling more alive.
    I understand tactical combat but the BG2 characters were written so well its almost criminal to miss them...
    I understand where you guys are coming from. But what i look for in games is custom abilities. I guess i like being in control and customizing my characters to the fullest, i guess thats why i like a full custom party more than the characters themselves. @shar @Eudaemonium
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    If that's your thing, why don't you just edit the NPCs into what you want? That way you get the best of both worlds. Sure some dialogue here and there might be a bit nonsensical, but you'd get both the NPCs and the control.
  • marcerormarceror Member Posts: 577
    sarevok57 said:

you should expect to never shower, go outside, talk with anybody or eat food because you will be way to busy being lost in amazingness of the remake of SoA and ToB, and you will be so caught up in them that you will not be able to stop, so make sure before you begin you tell the world that you will be gone for days, if not weeks, bring a fridge into your pc room, and a cooler full of food and lock the door behind you and quest on :) oh and maybe an air freshener for the non showering part :)

How is that any different than now?
    @marceror lol i agree, but BGII is 10x better than bg1 in my opinion. Much more t do in the second one.
  • marcerormarceror Member Posts: 577
    Oh, well my point was that I don't need an awesome game to skip showers and be antisocial. On second thought maybe I should stop typing now! :P
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    It'll be the best thing since sliced pizza.
    @CoM_Solaufein agreed.